Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

titanNV

Reaction score
Apparently this isn't the place for discussions or questions regarding this board. Would someone be so kind as to let me know where discussions are allowed? Thank you.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
My bad. In my perfect world where there is a place for everything and everything is in its place, there would be no posts in The Forum News section that were not made by a Moderator in response to a Moderator. The world is not perfect but I guess I was not clear with why I was moving and closing. OK?

So let's hear that question that starts a discussion :)

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The last time a discussion was held with you regarding a guitar you wanted to sell, it didn't end well. People were trying to help you with terminology and use of terms and words that might severely inhibit your ability to sell your guitar. You flew off the handle, ranted and raved, called us all names, and flounced off in a huff. So, people are probably a little standoffish at this point. So once again, what would you like to discuss?

titanNV

Reaction score
My bad. In my perfect world where there is a place for everything and everything is in its place, there would be no posts in The Forum News section that were not made by a Moderator in response to a Moderator. The world is not perfect but I guess I was not clear with why I was moving and closing. OK?

So let's hear that question that starts a discussion :)

This:
http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?189672-Contacting-Admin

Was trying to figure out where one was allowed to ask questions as apparently
"Forum News, Events, FAQ's: General info about the forum"
is not the place. Not sure why we, as members as opposed to staff, would be allowed to post there if we aren't the ones allowed to post noob questions... lol

titanNV

Reaction score
The last time a discussion was held with you regarding a guitar you wanted to sell, it didn't end well. People were trying to help you with terminology and use of terms and words that might severely inhibit your ability to sell your guitar. You flew off the handle, ranted and raved, called us all names, and flounced off in a huff. So, people are probably a little standoffish at this point. So once again, what would you like to discuss?

That isn't true - there was not help! lmao! And I did not call you, or anyone not involved with derailling the ad, any names. If it came across that way, my apologies my friend. You've always been a cool and helpful dude.

But anyway, I was trying to contact staff - not members.

Cheers my friend!

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
This:
Not sure why we, as members as opposed to staff, would be allowed to post there if we aren't the ones allowed to post noob questions... lol

It's simple. It hasn't been enough of a problem to lock it down. Hopefully it won't be. A lot of Moderation here is by word of mouth and example, not by publishing and then enforcing a list of rules.

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total

That isn't true - there was not help! lmao! And I did not call you, or anyone not involved with derailling the ad, any names. If it came across that way, my apologies my friend. You've always been a cool and helpful dude.

But anyway, I was trying to contact staff - not members.

Cheers my friend!

I am hard pressed to understand how a discussion of past transgressions is going to have any result other than committing similar transgressions. Mistakes were made and I am willing to forgive and forget. Perhaps others could join me?

titanNV

Reaction score
I am hard pressed to understand how a discussion of past transgressions is going to have any result other than committing similar transgressions. Mistakes were made and I am willing to forgive and forget. Perhaps others could join me?

For fear of banishment I would like to discuss via PM.

If an Admin or a Moderator (especially one that would know some details) would have the courtesy to look into it for me I would greatly appreciate it.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
For fear of banishment I would like to discuss via PM.
Titan, it's pretty darn hard to "get banished" around here, but maybe I just haven't tried hard enough yet.
I do remember some "irritated discourse" (and not only on your part) when you were trying to sell some guitars but your recent questions and comments seem entirely polite and personally that's good enough for me.
If an Admin or a Moderator (especially one that would know some details) would have the courtesy to look into it for me I would greatly appreciate it.
It occurs to me that perhaps you're trying to avoid creating another thread with the same contentious atmosphere of the last one, that's to be commended.
I know it was mentioned that our forum host Don has to deal with other priorities above the forum here, but I don't remember if it was also explained that all the moderators are volunteers as well.
In fact I've seen more moderators finally give up on trying to herd this gang of cats than any "regular" members be blackballed since I've joined.
Heck a couple of 'em have even been subjected to some pretty strong criticism themselves, and been pretty d--n even-tempered about it.
We really appreciate that about 'em.
Anyway, hopefully this'll just help you have some patience while the wheels turn ever-so-slowly.

titanNV

Reaction score
I really do not want to go into details but I highly doubt it had anything to do with the thread they derailed as it was a full month after that I lost access to the site.

In any case, I'd great appreciate the Admin or a Moderator's input via the messaging system or email - unless that isn't the way things are done 'round here. I don't think a Moderator telling me to shut up is helpful.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm gonna play my guitar right now!! Probably very BADLY but I'm medicated enough to not care. So TitanNV.... what are you playing right now, amigo??? Me? DV72, D65S, Taylor GC8, and an Avalon L-32......

What's in YOUR wallet????

Status
Not open for further replies.