Mandolin/Electronics

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
So, now that I've butchered the guitar about as well as I can I thought I'd move on to Mandolin and see how badly I can embarrass myself with that instrument. I found an A Style Mando in Detroit CL for a reasonable price. It's a model M-11W, an A style Mando. It's solid Mahogany and made by Mike Dulak, the founder of Big Muddy Mandolins in Rochefort, Missouri.

I'll be picking it up in a week or so. Have any of you folks ever added electronics to a Mando and if so what did you use/what would you recommend?

dbirchett

Reaction score
Acorn, have you compared them to the K&K? Are they comparable? Are they the same pickups?

I've always liked the K&K and really don't have anything else to put them in but am curious.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Acorn, have you compared them to the K&K? Are they comparable? Are they the same pickups?

I've always liked the K&K and really don't have anything else to put them in but am curious.
The same. I think the only difference is the shape of K&K's piezos; the total surface is the same.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks Chris!!! I wasn't sure if you could use the same electronics in a Mando as an acoustic. I may just give this one a try. The price is surely right.
You do have to, usually, ream out the endpin hole in the tailpiece for the jack.