Dream or Premonition?

Happy Face

Justified Ancient of MuMu
Reaction score
Last night I had a dream that Mgod was teaching a course on bass playing at Hunter College in NYC. I apparently had signed up and we had a guitar player, a drummer and a woman playing an old style lute studying with the master.

I was surprised and asked him why he was teaching in NYC and he reminded me that he was from the greater NYC metro area.

What a silly dream, right? I mean, if he was in NYC, he'd be taking a class from me, right? Seriously.....

But what would Freud say??

(Fully aware I just lobbed you'all a slow pitch.... ;) )

Last edited:

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm just stunned that you could resist the urge to pillage, since you had the lute and all.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
should have given me a call while u were in town, i'd have set u up wih a sunburst starfire bass for the weekend!

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'd be concerned. First mgod mentions New Jersey in his origin story, not the NYC area. For people who have their origins in times and places under the long shadow of NYC the distinction is important. If "We should give New York City to New Jersey. Then both places would get what they deserve." is even mildly amusing to you then you have had contact with the Shadow Zone.

Second, you do not mention which Guilds were involved. Since the love for Starfires does not burn with the same intensity, is the common ground the M85 or did the JS reign supreme? Perhaps this is a foreshadowing of a conversion experience?

And lute? Really? Was bluespicky's brother playing?

I would have been concerned it there was a viola da gamba involved. The worst of all possible worlds - a bow, a mix of frets and fretless and the frets are basically wire wrapped around the neck so tuning and intonation are not trivial. Indeed aficionados will watch someone tune for 30 minutes and consider it a half hour well spent.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
u don't need a lute or a viola to spend a half-hour tuning, just buy a Gibson Les Paul Jr. with factory tuners!