Cleaning neck on vintange F-30R

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Probably only Adorshki remembers me complaining about the finish on the Guild, saying that there were some heavy scratches on it I couldn't buff out all the way, and I'm guessing it was from that same final polish cloth I was using. Damn!!! Unbelievable... I was scratching the guitar while supposedly trying to make it look beautiful...
Yp, I remember, wish I coulda warned ya, but I agree about old cotton t-shirt, that's what I use, and also the caveat about not needing to treat a fretboard more than about once a year if that even.
Interesting input about the citrus oils, thanks!
I have some of that "guitar Honey" too but I've only ever used it twice on the D25 and once on the D40 and F65 in all the years I've owned 'em.
Come to think of it, I'm comin' up on time for cleaning and treatment on all of 'em myself.
I've got pretty dry hands and when I got the D25 I always made it a practice to wash before playing so I always get away with water on a terry cloth to clean finger-jam off the fretboards at string-change times.
Water and polish on the tops, again, they just never got much accumulation in the first place, with the exception of the D25, got a soft spot on the top from arm sweat, but that's another story..

Last edited: