Two new amps are on their way...

guildman63

Reaction score
The buying and selling continues. Out the door went an F-47M and a Fender George Benson Hot Rod Deluxe. In the door will soon come a Roland Blues Cube Artist for my blues and rock fix, and a Roland JC-40 for my jazz fix. More details and pictures will follow as available.

Sal

Reaction score
Great new amps Guildman! I was looking seriously at the new JC40 too. I had a JC77 and loved it. One cool thing about this new JC40 amp are the stereo options; stereo inputs in front and a stereo effect loop at the back. I've been playing harp through a Strymon Lex / Leslie simulator and I was interested in how this would sound through a Jazz Chorus in stereo. I tried one out here in town and was a little disappointed to find that the amp's Jazz Chorus effect is disabled and unavailable when you plug in stereo. I don't know why Roland found that this was necessary in the design but it kind of killed the deal for me. It still has that fantastic sound and I don't think there's anything else like it in a combo amp. I'd love to hear what you're using it for and how you like it!

Cheers
Sal

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
I've been playing harp through a Strymon Lex / Leslie simulator and I was interested in how this would sound through a Jazz Chorus in stereo. I tried one out here in town and was a little disappointed to find that the amp's Jazz Chorus effect is disabled and unavailable when you plug in stereo.

That's a shame. OTOH you should be able to run the Lex via the amp's effects loop and preserve stereo that way.

I have an MXR Stereo Chorus. It outputs stereo but also lacks stereo input. Maybe there's something in the way a chorus gizmo delays & phase shifts input signals that doesn't play well with stereo input.

-Dave-