Help identify My Guild Please

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to LTG PatagoniaMike.
A few better photos of the back of the guitar, the back of the neck and the back of the headstock might help us better judging the age. Due to the Schaller tuners and the truss rod cover I would say very early 70ies is a good guess for that F-50 (or maybe indeed F-50R) model.
Frono: Here's the link.
Ralf

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Sorry I asked

It took me a second pass to realize that might actually be one of those magnificently dry deadpan delivery double-entendres of which I'm immensely fond, myself.
Assuming it was in fact so, you out-dried Frono and sucked him right in (me too for that matter), and for that I congratulate you.
If it wasn't intentional, well, if you play your cards right, nobody's ever gonna know .
:highly_amused:

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
This F50 is the '59 from Hoboken...wrong question??

Doug I think possibly you're using the "reply" button to ask that about a specific post, it doesn't seem to work here, which is why you see so many of us using the "Reply with quote" button to be clear about which post we might be responding to.
We can be sure it's not actually from the '50's because of the headstock shape.
If it was '50's vintage it would have a "lip" shape like Gibson, on the top.
They didn't go to the "crown" until about '64.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
It is painfully clear to me that Frono, and possibly Adhorski, do not realize that Doug H's F-50 is from 1959, and according to Doug, has no serial numbers on the back of the headstock. not sure how u guys missed that.

and Doug has sent me a picture. I don't see any serial numbers. we emailed Hans and will see what he has to say.

His 1959 F-50 is discussed at length elsewhwere on this forum, if you'd like to get the rest of the story straight, since you've already come this far...

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
It is painfully clear to me that Frono, and possibly Adoorshki, do not realize that Doug H's F-50 is from 1959, and according to Doug, has no serial numbers on the back of the headstock. not sure how u guys missed that.

and Doug has sent me a picture. I don't see any serial numbers. we emailed Hans and will see what he has to say.

His 1959 F-50 is discussed at length elsewhere on this forum, if you'd like to get the rest of the story straight, since you've already come this far...

PM sent.
I think it turned into a semantic confusion thing, but thanks for helping Doug in true forum tradition.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
It is painfully clear to me that Frono, and possibly Adhorski, do not realize that Doug H's F-50 is from 1959, and according to Doug, has no serial numbers on the back of the headstock. not sure how u guys missed that.

Don't be pained. That is news to me. Do not assume that everyone reads everything or even remembers what they read. Even when memory is not failing, if I had a dollar for every time I read a post about an F50 I could probably buy several. If it was actually revealed in this thread then I will plead guilty to all sorts of stupidity because I really do try to pay attention to the threads I post in, but if the reveal was elsewhere or more than a week ago...

:)

Reaction score
Allow me...

IMG_0901_zpsx1hgdi2u.jpg

Not bad, eh?

But I can't decide if it's rosewood or maple.

IMG_0903_zps2ki1uedp.jpg

PatagoniaMike, if you could just let us know the serial number of the guitar (on the back of the headstock) we could perhaps identify the year the guitar was produced.

I am posting a couple of pix, but I cannot find any markings anywhere. Thanks again!
library

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Don't be pained. That is news to me. Do not assume that everyone reads everything or even remembers what they read. Even when memory is not failing, if I had a dollar for every time I read a post about an F50 I could probably buy several. If it was actually revealed in this thread then I will plead guilty to all sorts of stupidity because I really do try to pay attention to the threads I post in, but if the reveal was elsewhere or more than a week ago...
:)

Frono, you're the driest guy here, but I still say you were "out-dried" by "Sorry I asked".
And Mavuser too.
In fact I'm gonna coin a new term for it.
You were "Frono'd".
:friendly_wink:

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
In fact I'm gonna coin a new term for it.
You were "Frono'd".
:friendly_wink:

like!

however, there is no feeling quite like getting "Hans'd" or even better "Moust'd"

speaking of which, Hans has shed a bit of light on Dougs 59 with no serial number stamp. it does all appear legit, however, this may be a subject for Volume 2, and no further details are known at this time.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
like!

however, there is no feeling quite like getting "Hans'd" or even better "Moust'd"

speaking of which, Hans has shed a bit of light on Dougs 59 with no serial number stamp. it does all appear legit, however, this may be a subject for Volume 2, and no further details are known at this time.

First dibs on the "factory restoration" box in the office pool.
But I can wait.