New to me Guild D70

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
This is a tiny bit of data for the community, since prior comments here and elsewhere, including data posted by Guild indicate some need. I have SN EF 100282 and the headblock stamp is February 4, 1986. Seems there must have been a certificate, but have not found that yet in the estate items.

And another first post - welcome to you too!

Photos, please.

bolark

Reaction score
Wow! Beautiful. Happy for you. Lot of similarity to my D66-NT.

Reaction score
Here is a related question. I inherited my D70 from the first owner and I was around when he bought it but don't have the purchase record. I have a catalog from 1982 but no price. I do have a 1980 price list....but no D70 there yet. Trying to decipher ...was it considered a level above, below, or similar to the D-55 (which in my opinion is a beautiful guitar, similarly made it seams, and it features those V-markers (perhaps not the right term) of abalone and MOP) ?

Mine is not in as nice a condition as the one that started this thread (but matches the typical description as to playing- bass vibrates your ribs and yet you clearly hear the high notes).

mutantmoose

Reaction score
Okay, so here is my follow-up.
I did a refret on this, the frets were horribly dressed and simply too damn low. I used nice wide Evo fretwire, and it came out beautifully. This thing is an absolute cannon, and plays like a dream. I've ended up selling a couple other guitars because I just had no need to play them ever again.