They have found Carlie Trent!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oh for the love of..... jeeze. Another Baptist Minister story. You gotta worry, you know? All's well that ends well. But why? Don't you wonder? :stupid:

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oh for the love of..... jeeze. Another Baptist Minister story. You gotta worry, you know? All's well that ends well. But why? Don't you wonder? :stupid:

Um, the Baptist Minister was one of the rescuers!

Not defending the act but if you read other stories, the Uncle had custody of Carlie and her sister because the father was in jail for drugs and the mother was on drugs. The parents just got custody back about two years age. The Uncle probably thought he was saving the girl from the parents. Or maybe not......

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
No question that poor little girls life was messed up, but Uncle Gary doesn't come off as very stable either...

Found by a couple Clinch Mountain Boys...seems kinda appropriate for a guitar board, LOL. Rev Stanley would be proud.

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
I was watching TV late at night last week when the Amber Alert flashed up on the screen for this child. It is wonderful to read about a successful rescue in this case. So many of these situations don't end well. She is a very cute little girl, and I hope that the local authorities can place her somewhere that can foster a healthy upbringing.

Bill

Also, I'm a big fan of Dr. Ralph Stanley and Co., I've seen him in concert a couple of time here at the Richmond Folk Festival.

Last edited:

kakerlak

Reaction score
I read this header as "Charlie Trent" and assumed somebody tracked down some old bluesman. I'll see myself out.