Flot-A-Tone...........

59Panhead

Reaction score
While I was out in the shop yesterday morning (Sat), beginning my Spring cleaning, I decided to pull out an old amp that's been sitting for quite some spell. It's a Flot-A-Tone, but I have no history on it. Nor do I know the year or model. I didn't plan to tear into it at the time, but I did want to put it on the lamp limiter to see what happened. Here's some pictures of it sitting on top of my Generac:

When I powered it up on a 25 watt bulb, it came on immediately, no matter the power switch position. I didn't go any further with higher wattage lamps. I need to explore this issue before doing more.

It has 4 inputs. Inputs 2 and 4 are phone jacks, and 1 and 3 are microphone jacks. It has three bare braided cables going from the amp chassis (in the bottom) to the control panel (on top). I don't know if these are original to the amp, but I like the looks. It may be missing one, but I won't know until I have it all apart.

Anyway, I'll work on this project and the '59 Harley ( http://el34world.com/Forum/index.php?topic=20258.0 ) at the same time. I figure they will both be done by Summer, the bike probably first. I'll post progress as I'm able to. Have a good one.

Jack

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Hmmm, looks uncannily like an early/mid 1950s Oahu Tonemaster. Four inputs, two volumes, one tone. Same basic cabinet shape. Oahu was based in Cleveland (!) but I don't think they actually made their amps. Coulda been Valco…

-Dave-

guitarslinger

Reaction score
I know it's a Guild forum. But, I'd love to see progress on the PH from time to time as well.