The Eagles Randy Meisner loses his wife. R.I.P. Lana Ray

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hope not. As a moderator, I would ask the membership not to discuss the elephant that is roaming through this scenario of sad and unfortunate death.

The Eagles have certainly taken their lumps this year. :(

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
WM, as a moderator, I really don't think the sad circumstances of this woman's death are appropriate discussion here on LTG. I continue to ask people to ignore the obvious elephant in the room and deal with thoughts on the matter outside LTG.

Walking Man

Reaction score
WM, as a moderator, I really don't think the sad circumstances of this woman's death are appropriate discussion here on LTG. I continue to ask people to ignore the obvious elephant in the room and deal with thoughts on the matter outside LTG.

I defer. If you opt to remove this thread...OK. It was most likely incorrect, of me, to raise the subject/topic.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
There was a recent article in a NY newspaper, detailing how musicians tend to live 25 years *less* than non-musicians. They have much rougher lives than you would think. I wish I could pull up the link.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Steve, I think it was posted in the thread about Prince? Take a look there.....

Not sure if that's the one he's thinking of, that one detailed causes by style of music but I don't recall it going into average lifespans vs general population.
Still it got me thinking along the lines Steve mentions, wondering if it might have something to do with demands of touring, lotta lost sleep, stress, bad food.
It was something I always remembered the Airplane members complaining about, gave me the first inkling that the fame/ stardom came with a hefty price, if you valued your privacy and health.
Maybe all the pressurization fluctuations of flying so much, even?
Willie Nelson's still alive in spite of all the smoke and he uses a bus, right?
Anyway, nothing but sympathy for Mr. M.
I have NO idea how well I'd cope with an event like that at that stage of life.
BADLY, I suspect.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
very sad and what a fluke, the rifle accidentally going off. terrible. I wonder how many member of the Eagles end of wishing they had chosen something else. Like Meisner staying with Poco, or heck, becoming a tax accountant...seems like so much baggage with this band, wonder if any of them regret it.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Of course, there are the exceptions to the rule.
Keith Richards comes to mind.
If he didn't go back out every 5 years, well, I hate to think.......(shudder)

Don't forget Shane McGowan, too. Keef's got nothing on him!

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
The cause is reminiscent of the loss of Terry Kath back in '78.

walrus