Non Guild NGD (It at least starts with a G!) Blue is Beautiful!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I already had sent photos to DavismanLV the day I purchased it so he could get his "Blue Guitar Fix". LOL. I have been playing my electrics a lot more lately than usual. I love the Guilds and Strats that I have but I couldn't resist this. I already have a 2014 Gretsch Black Falcon Dynasonic with Duncan Custom Shop Pickups in it and love the way it feels and plays. Here is the match to it as this Special Falcon and the other Falcon are the only two Gretsch Guitars I own. This is a 2015 Gretsch Double cutaway Full Hollow Black Falcon that was made special order for Rocky at Street Sounds. They made eight with the Blue top and eight with a red top. This is one of the Blue models. Also has factory TV Jones Classics in it. I like the tone of the Classics but ultimately will change them out with the New TV Jones Duo Tron pickups. Since this is not a Guild I am posting it under Miscellaneous section. Here are some pics. Enjoy!

9IMKCg.jpg
akl435.jpg
Ve48fz.jpg
hHmo2F.jpg
VHnsQP.jpg
VxmDLo.jpg
CuEaLf.jpg
BEJ0pH.jpg

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks Richard and I agree completely, Bling is a good thing!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well, I said it before and I'll say it again... what a beautiful guitar!! And it's BLUE!! Sometimes you have to step outside the BOX!! Congrats, Tx!! As I mentioned before.... I LIKE IT!! :encouragement::encouragement:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Is that a "holoflake" finish? Very cool.

Thanks Chazmo! It is thick Blue Flake with a Candy Blue top coat.

Well, I said it before and I'll say it again... what a beautiful guitar!! And it's BLUE!! Sometimes you have to step outside the BOX!! Congrats, Tx!! As I mentioned before.... I LIKE IT!! :encouragement::encouragement:

Thanks Tom, the pictures came out good but they really don't do it justice. It sounds and plays Awesome as well.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
There are likely a lot of words that describe that guitar, but one of them has got to be.... DAZZLING!

Opsimath

Reaction score
Oooooh. Aaaaaah. "All that glitters" may not be gold, but I like the sparkly stuff, it always gets my attention. I was trying to get a look at the tailpiece, can't tell if it's gold or silver, but either way quite a lovely guitar. Congratulations. I hope it serves you well and gives you no shoulder issues when you play it.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Long time ago played with friend who had 2 white Falcons, one a double cutaway. He was a rabid CSN fan. I got to play them both and they are superb instruments. The pillow on the back is hilarious. I thought stupid, but definitely comfy. Congrats Tx and that blue is fabulous.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
There are likely a lot of words that describe that guitar, but one of them has got to be.... DAZZLING!

Thanks Cougar! Good to hear from you!

I was trying to get a look at the tailpiece, can't tell if it's gold or silver, but either way quite a lovely guitar. Congratulations.

Thanks for the response! All of the hardware is Gold including the Tailpiece.:peach:

Beautiful! So many switches, too!

walrus

I am still trying to get used to the Gretsch "Tone Switch". I am giving it a go and will decide either to keep it or put a tone pot in it's place. I like different but I don't like being limited on the tone options I have. :peach:

Not a bling kind of guy but I can step outside that box long enough to say....WOW! :encouragement:

Joe

I'm normally not flashy Joe but for those moments when I feel I need to be, I now have it covered!

Long time ago played with friend who had 2 white Falcons, one a double cutaway. He was a rabid CSN fan. I got to play them both and they are superb instruments. The pillow on the back is hilarious. I thought stupid, but definitely comfy. Congrats Tx and that blue is fabulous.

My Dynasonic Black Falcon doesn't have the pillow back like this one, It is a full 2.75" deep. I asked Rocky why this one has the pad on the back and he said that when he Special Ordered them, the Double cut model is .75" thinner than the regular Black Falcon. Being only 2" deep they put the pad on the back. What the pad is hiding is an easy access panel to all of the electronics so you have quick and full access to the pickups and pots. Plus you don't have to worry about buckle rash!

Hope everyone is having a great morning and a wonderful day!

Last edited:

geoguy

Reaction score
Cool guitar, & what a striking sparkle finish! :angel:

FYI, in Gretsch lingo that item on the back is usually referred to as a back pad. Good to know it has a functional purpose, on this instrument (I think it is ornamental on some models).

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Cool guitar, & what a striking sparkle finish! :angel:

FYI, in Gretsch lingo that item on the back is usually referred to as a back pad. Good to know it has a functional purpose, on this instrument (I think it is ornamental on some models).

Thanks for the clarification Geo. My understanding is all of the newer model Gretsch Guitars (circa 2008- present) that have the back pad have the access panel under it as well. I know a lot of the older ones don't. It sure Makes life easy on me and/or my Luthier when I go to swap pickups or work on the electronics. All the fun of a Hollowbody without the expletives when working on the guts!