Thread: Veillette Guitars?

Veillette Guitars?

I've been seeing these for sale more and more ... 12-string baritone, 12-string an octave up, double necks - http://www.veilletteguitars.com/spec...nstock.php#106 ... has anyone played one? Whataya think?

Thanks
    Last edited by Steve Messenger; 03-24-2016 at 11:02 AM.
    1968 F-212, 1961 Starfire III, 1994 B4CE-AMB
    1970 Del Vecchio Dinamico, 1979 Ibanez M-340, 1914 Gibson A-1 mandolin, 2013 Ibanez M510 mandolin, 2012 Trinity College Octave mandolin TM-325, 2013 Turkish baglama saz, 2009 Les Starkey bodhran, Vox Pathfinder 15R, Merry's archtop banjo

I've played them at the NAMM show. Beautiful guitars, excellent craftsmanship. As referenced in your posting he seems to tend toward "out of the ordinary" configurations. Given the relatively high price point of his stuff, I'd have to already own a lot of guitars before finding a place for an 8va 12 string. I have played a solid body 6 string acoustic/electric of his that I thought was first rate and over the top good looking.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.' Groucho Marx

Also enjoy visiting his booth at NAMM...for the last 15 years...from when the guitars were all made in his shop...he makes some lovely instruments...the current Avante line he's added that are outsourced overseas...as all manufacturers are doing...are more affordable versions of some of his popular models...well done and very playable...I can only dream all these years of owning one of his custom instruments...Joe knows that, yet being the very nice gentleman he is, he always lets me play them a bit anyway.

Interesting. Didn't know them. Strange looking to me however, not sure I would like the look.
    Ralf

I saw them up close a few months ago at the Woodstock Invitational Guitar Show in Woodstock, NY and spoke to Joe Veillette at length. They look and play beautifully.
    Former Guild employee and proud owner of an '82 F-30 acoustic, a '16 S-200 and a '15 Starfire IV.