F212 - Wanted Dead or Alive

Opsimath

Reaction score
Wow! That was an impressive video! I wish I could play that well, and I wish I could sing that well, too! My biggest frustration in life is the total inability to express myself in song. Those of you who sing and can do it without people finding excuses to leave the room should appreciate your talents. Bluesy, you definitely have talents! I'll be watching that video again.

Also wanted to learn French but my high school didn't offer it.

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Wow! That was an impressive video! I wish I could play that well, and I wish I could sing that well, too! My biggest frustration in life is the total inability to express myself in song. Those of you who sing and can do it without people finding excuses to leave the room should appreciate your talents. Bluesy, you definitely have talents! I'll be watching that video again.

Also wanted to learn French but my high school didn't offer it.

Thank you so much Cynthia.

I must admit, it always feels better performing for people not leaving the room in the middle of the performance.... :chargrined: but I still think (as far as I'm concerned) that attendance retention has more to do with the guitar playing than the singing. :ambivalence:

Technically, I "can" sing. It's the sound of my voice that I dislike.
As Christopher puts it, and I must admit Joe, it sounded better in French (sorry about your high school shortcomings Cynthia... :playful:), it's a bit reminiscent of the sound of gravel under a car tire.
Good analogy Christophe! (And thanks for the kind and encouraging words too) :courage:

Unfortunately, no matter how long and hard one works on the singing technique, the final result will always heavily depend on the sound generated by one's vocal cords. A voice is an innate personal feature. Some are luckier than others in that respect, as with everything having to do with with nature.
I can only dream I was born with a David Coverdale voice..... This kind of gift is priceless! :grumpy:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
..... and you know I LIVE for these threads! :tongue-new:

Thanks Ralph for the kind words, but unfortunately I can't be much help on your strings inquiry, this clip is already 5 years old (wow, time really flies!... scary) and I honestly do not have any clue nor recollection as to what strings were on the 212 then. Sorry. :apologetic:
You don't keep track?!?!
I keep track of everything.
I liked the DV52 version better.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Was I speaking French, Joe? I didn't even notice. ;!}

To Pascals sentiment regarding his concern over the sound of his voice, I asked why would he be ashamed. I, like others, have always been impressed with his voice and his music. I happened to add that even the gravel of the country road raises its voice in song when it meets the rubber of tires of the sports car.
And even the cicadas raise there warbling alarms when confronted with the apparition of a lime-green t-shirt sporting bicyclist.
Ahhh, Florida......

5thumbs

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thank you so much Cynthia.

Technically, I "can" sing. It's the sound of my voice that I dislike.
As Christopher puts it, and I must admit Joe, it sounded better in French (sorry about your high school shortcomings Cynthia... :playful:), it's a bit reminiscent of the sound of gravel under a car tire.
Good analogy Christophe! (And thanks for the kind and encouraging words too) :courage:

Pascal, you definitely have a fine voice; it fits that song perfectly, and I can think of countless others that you would do justice to.

As far as your playing, well, every time I hear you I put my guitar away for a couple of weeks. Thanks a lot!

You do have a priceless gift. I envy you.

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rick and Chaz (and all) for the kind words and for helping me build some self confidence around my insecure vocals! :biggrin:

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Get one! Or two. You nnneeeeeeeeeddd!

I used to have a JF65-12 and sold it because I knew a few 12-string songs and that's all I used it for. Maybe I should get a nice GAD 12-banger or something just to have one around...