F212 - Wanted Dead or Alive

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
That's our own LTGer bluesypicky! Pascal, I don't know how you do that song without a pick!

walrus

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That's our own LTGer bluesypicky! Pascal, I don't know how you do that song without a pick!
walrus

Yeah, I hesitated between finger style and pick, as there were pros and cons with either:
Pick was giving me more volume power on strumming, but fingers were more comfortable and articulate with the arpeggios theme, and that's what decided my choice. (I suck at switching fingers / pick by holding it between two fingers as some do.... never gave this any practice really).

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I'm terribly ashamed of my voice, but thanks for the compliment! :)
And I thought I'd seen all your stuff way back when I bookmarked "Goin' Down" and "Driftin' Blues" , but that was right after I got a soundboard.
Dare I say I actually like that tune better than "Hotel California"? Equally well composed and a lot more down to earth.
Always liked the verse "on a steel horse I ride", and that's about as complicated as the imagery gets.
THAT will still be relevant in twenty years.
Good 'un, mate!

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks all....

So Al, which "Driftin'" do you prefer? the DV52 or DV72?

Charlie: It sounds even better on the 512! ;)

idealassets

Reaction score
And I thought I'd seen all your stuff way back when I bookmarked "Goin' Down" and "Driftin' Blues" , but that was right after I got a soundboard.
Dare I say I actually like that tune better than "Hotel California"? Equally well composed and a lot more down to earth.
Always liked the verse "on a steel horse I ride", and that's about as complicated as the imagery gets.
THAT will still be relevant in twenty years.
Good 'un, mate!
I get the picture, "on a steel horse I ride", but Bon Jovi must not have been much of a Harley biker or he would have known to say on an "iron horse" I ride..

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks all....

So Al, which "Driftin'" do you prefer? the DV52 or DV72?

Charlie: It sounds even better on the 512! ;)
Rock on, Pascal!!!! Great job. The 512 would be a pain to sling on that steel horse. 212 is the better beast! :) :)

p.s./ I've got that initial lick down.

F312

Reaction score
Your guitar work is great.
BTW what strings are you using.
Ralph

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Oh no, the string thread lives on! :hopelessness:
Joe

..... and you know I LIVE for these threads! :tongue-new:

Thanks Ralph for the kind words, but unfortunately I can't be much help on your strings inquiry, this clip is already 5 years old (wow, time really flies!... scary) and I honestly do not have any clue nor recollection as to what strings were on the 212 then. Sorry. :apologetic:

Christopher Cozad

Platinum Supporting
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I'm terribly ashamed of my voice, but thanks for the compliment! :)
Pourquoi? Pour quelle raison?

Je suis toujours impressionné par votre voix et votre musique.

Même le gravier de la route de campagne a une voix.Il chante quand il rencontre les pneus en caoutchouc de la voiture de sport, ai-je raison? ;~}

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Pourquoi? Pour quelle raison?

Je suis toujours impressionné par votre voix et votre musique.

Même le gravier de la route de campagne a une voix.Il chante quand il rencontre les pneus en caoutchouc de la voiture de sport, ai-je raison? ;~}
If you want to speak French, you could just send a PM.
Reminds me of my parents speaking French so we kids couldn't understand. :rugby:

Joe

Christopher Cozad

Platinum Supporting
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
If you want to speak French, you could just send a PM.
Reminds me of my parents speaking French so we kids couldn't understand. :rugby:

Joe
Was I speaking French, Joe? I didn't even notice. ;!}

To Pascals sentiment regarding his concern over the sound of his voice, I asked why would he be ashamed. I, like others, have always been impressed with his voice and his music. I happened to add that even the gravel of the country road raises its voice in song when it meets the rubber of tires of the sports car.

Last edited:

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Was I speaking French, Joe? I didn't even notice. ;!}

To Pascals sentiment regarding his concern over the sound of his voice, I asked why would he be ashamed. I, like others, have always been impressed with his voice and his music. I happened to add that even the gravel of the country road raises its voice in song when it meets the rubber of tires of the sports car.
Merci beaucoup!

Joe

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice! I rather enjoyed that. Dammit, though... now I want a 12-string again!