G. Nash Schecter fitted

cutrofiano

Reaction score
Hi folks,

does any one here have an idea what "G. Nash" stands for?

Schecter%20G.Nash%203.JPG

Schecter.JPG

G.%20Nash%20Pickguard.JPG

All hardware parts of this early 80ies Strat are signed "Schecter".
Tuning machines are Schaller.
Body is propably ash and was originally clear painted.
Neck is not stamped "Schecter" underneath.
Also the CBS era style headstock is untypical for a Van Nuys Schecter.
Can't find anything about it.
I doubt it stands for "Graham Nash...".

Moritz

Last edited:

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Have you contacted Schecter Guitar Research?
info@schecterguitars.com

I browsed thru their current catalog and "Vault" of old models, but didn't see anything... maybe someone else's custom using Schecter components?

Last edited:

cutrofiano

Reaction score
Have you contacted Schecter Guitar Research?

Yes, more than once, but never got any answer.

... maybe someone else's custom using Schecter components?

Of course Schecter in it's beginnings was a pure parts / custom shop.
So it is indeed possible that someone ("G. Nash"?) was allowed (or not) to build Strat copies with Schecter parts an put the contributer's name on the headstock, also if only after the prefix "fitted with...".

Still Schecter must have been involved or at least informed in some way.

I found this here.

0806260070-jpg.264501

0806260074-jpg.264502

http://www.ebay.de/itm/E-Bass-Gitarre-Schecter-G-Nash-/141669330625?nma=true&si=aeOEmjduNem%252FIVlLZ0E4fevajTs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

There could be some connection with Germany.
Also the Schaller tunig machines could be an evidence...

Moritz

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
So it is indeed possible that someone ("G. Nash"?) was allowed (or not) to build Strat copies with Schecter parts an put the contributer's name on the headstock, also if only after the prefix "fitted with...".
Maybe this guy?:
http://www.nashguitars.com/
Whoopsie, just figured out that's Bill Nash, unless maybe it's a relative.

Last edited:

GVDub

Reaction score
Tom Anderson might know, since in the early days Tom was designing pickups for Dave. All those early Schecter tapped pickups were Tom's designs, afaik. I bump into Tom occasionally, and I'll ask next time I see him (if I remember).

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
It might be just be a Grahan Nash model. In the early 80s they did custom Teles for Townshend, and subsequently came out with the PT model.

Reaction score
Welcome to the club

Hi Moritz ,
I am the owner of the G.Nash Flying V pictuerd above .Here is something interisting for, an announce that i found in the Fachblatt-Musikmagazin 1983 .
g-nashflying-v-schecter-jpg.478614
Please contact me ,if you like (I am from Germany too ,so can write me in German )Best Regards Albert

cutrofiano

Reaction score
...Here is something interisting for, an announce that i found in the Fachblatt-Musikmagazin 1983...

Hi Albert,

that's really cool we're getting closer :))

Rosenheim - I had already fancied it might have bavarian roots.
In fact I bought mine in Munich in 1986 or 1987 (Eastside Music, Pariser Str.) or better said I swapped it 1:1 with my Rickenbacker 340.

With your information I immediately started a little enquiry and I believe I've come another bit of the way already:

Heinz Rebellius, journalist at the Gitarre & Bass magazine www.gitarrebass.de, immediately answered:

"Dear Moritz,
G. Nash was indeed a German company who in the early 80ies built guitars from prefabricated parts.
Those had usually designs like Flying V., Stratocaster, Telecaster and Jazz Bass.
For Fender like guitars they used partly Schecter parts but Far East material as well, depending on what was required and available.
Gibson like models like the Flying V remind very much the contemporary Hoyer guitars so it was quite probable, Hoyer had let guitars build there as well.
Unfortunately there aren't any documents about the company left, even the original name of the builder cannot be tracked.
The G. Nash guitars had a very good reputation - have fun with yours!
Best greetings from the Guitar & Bass editorial office..."

Cheers,
Moritz

Last edited:

cutrofiano

Reaction score
Hi Albert,

in the meanwhile I did quite some investigations on the basis of the 1983 Fachblatt-Musikmagazin add you posted and talked to different people:
Unfortunately I didn't get any further.
I even searched the city archives and the commercial register of Rosenheim - nothing.
This "Sound International" guy must have vanished into nowhere at some point.
Definitely he is not living any more - which seems to be true for everyone who should have known something about him...

Moritz

Last edited: