adorshki: You ever heard of Mary Halvorson ? I found this recently.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Now that I see the name it does ring a bell, probably from listening to my local NPR total jazz station.
And not just any Guild but the ultimate top-of-the line Artist Award.
Even more goodies in those other vids in the sidebar: Frisell, Suzanne Vega, more Halvorson...thanks!

guildman63

Reaction score
Mary has been discussed quite a bit at the jazz guitar forum, and has long played an artist award. Her playing isn't my cup of tea, but i give her credit for her unique style, and she does look good with her Guild.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
She's been discussed as has been said. I'd like to appreciate the artistry. I really would. But if they played $hitty or hit a wrong note.... how would you know? It's just a tad progressive for me. Oh wait.... you didn't ask for my opinion. Never mind.

Reaction score
She's been discussed as has been said. I'd like to appreciate the artistry. I really would. But if they played $hitty or hit a wrong note.... how would you know? It's just a tad progressive for me. Oh wait.... you didn't ask for my opinion. Never mind.
davismanLV: Actually I did ask for yours and anyone else's opinion. That's always one of my motives for posting. Thanks to everyone for your responses.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
davismanLV: Actually I did ask for yours and anyone else's opinion. That's always one of my motives for posting. Thanks to everyone for your responses.
I like "AOS" with Charlie Haden and Ornette Coleman on side 2 of Yoko Ono's first solo album (Plastic Ono Band).
That probably explains a lot.
:biggrin-new:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Al, you are a better man than me. I wanted to like Yoko's first album, and the "Fly" album, because the music behind her wailing was great! Lennon and Starr rocking with Voorman on bass, and then Clapton was also on "Fly". The backing music rocks! But I just can't listen to her singing. I wish I could.

walrus