Oh My Goodness! The 2013 60th Anniversary Custom Shop!

jylarkin

Reaction score
Just acquired my second Guild, and it's simply amazing! I've always wanted a have a koa guitar, but I never thought it would be something like this. It looks like it's never been played! Pics coming soon if I can figure out how to do it.

The 2013 60th Anniversary Custom Shop
Specs:
Guild Custom Shop 60th Anniversary F-30
Orchestra Model
Solid AAAAA Koa Top, Back & Sides
Red Spruce Bracing
Gloss Nitrocellulose Finish
3 Piece Mahogany / Walnut / Mahogany Neck
Ebony Fretboard
Mother-of-Pearl/Abalone Block Inlay w/ 60th Anniversary Logo at 12th Fret
12" Radius
Gold Plated Hardware
Bone "Parisian Eye" Bridge Pins
Gold Waverly Tuners with Rosewood Buttons
Rosewood Bridge w/ inlaid Bridge Pins
Genuine Diamond Inlaid in Headstock
Bone Nut Width 1.75"
Scale Length 25.5"
20 Frets
Guild Custom Shop Hard shell Case

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Absolutely Gorgeous, I personally haven't had the best of luck with Koa guitars but that one sure is pretty.:cool:

jylarkin

Reaction score
Thank you, gentlemen and ladies, too.

My beautiful and exceedingly gracious wife who usually rolls her eyes at me whenever I buy a new guitar just said something she's never said about any guitar before. "Wow! That's really beautiful!"

Then she asked how much I paid, and when I told her, she said what she has said every other time. "What! Are you crazy?"

LOL!

John

jylarkin

Reaction score
Chazmo, I am drooling over your 12-string collection. That's how I first fell in love with Guilds. When I was kid, I went into this little music store which only had a dozen or so guitars on the wall. Most weren't much to speak of, but then there was this Guild, a blonde or natural JF-30-12! Man that Guild could sing. Only recently after 25 years, I became reacquainted with Guild while in a local pawn shop. Now my wife should be worried.

John

jylarkin

Reaction score
So... how does it SOUND ! :)

I'm more of a flatpicker, and honestly this guitar isn't good for that at all.

But when fingerpicked, it's pretty amazing.
Very balanced with impressive bass, and also great articulation in the notes.
I'm very impressed. It makes me want to become a better fingerpicker, and I
imagine I will just from playing this guitar more.

John

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Chazmo, I am drooling over your 12-string collection. That's how I first fell in love with Guilds. When I was kid, I went into this little music store which only had a dozen or so guitars on the wall. Most weren't much to speak of, but then there was this Guild, a blonde or natural JF-30-12! Man that Guild could sing. Only recently after 25 years, I became reacquainted with Guild while in a local pawn shop. Now my wife should be worried.

John
Thanks, John. Ten years ago, all I had was the Ibanez AW-75. It's an awesome axe, but my mind hadn't been blown yet by a Guild. The collection's been growing ever since. I've been a big 12-string fan since college (which is why I bought the AW-75 in 1981), but Guild's have really set me on a path.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Congratulations! That's an amazing guitar! I am sure she will also open up over time the more you play her.

Ralf

Just_Guild

Reaction score
I'm curious, what kind of coffee maker is that? Just kidding, that is an awesome guitar and I wish you much playing enjoyment in 2016! And beyond!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Wow ! pretty how do you folks find this stuff ? I never guitars like this listed ... Just as well I guess since I'm sure it well exceeds my factory preset spending limit lol
Audio ! ....... Please

jylarkin

Reaction score
Trying to create an ALBUM so I can post pictures, but there's no place to do that on my "user control page" as stated in the FAQ's.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Wow nice , how did you come across it ?