Oh My Goodness! The 2013 60th Anniversary Custom Shop!

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Beautiful guitar. I always had a hankering for a D70 "Peacock", just never happened. Koa guitars are incredibly beautiful. Speaking of wives, mine caught me off guard a few weeks ago when I got a new one. I'd finally taken it out of the case, it was very quiet in the house and I played a few licks. She stopped what she was doing and said, "My gosh, that's a beautiful sounding guitar". I was shocked. : ) ........and felt somewhat vindicated.

West

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm curious, what kind of coffee maker is that? Just kidding, that is an awesome guitar and I wish you much playing enjoyment in 2016! And beyond!
AJ, I just about spit my Fernet across the keyboard on that one!!! LMFAO!! It's a beautiful guitar and although I've never heard one, I know frono's wife Janet has one. And I think they're BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks for the links! Congratulations!! :encouragement:

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Major congrats, John!

....Genuine Diamond Inlaid in Headstock....

Oh man, I only got emeralds. :blue:

f50r562.jpg

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
That guitar is absolutely gorgeous!!! Never owned or played a koa guitar!

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total
I wished it had the Guild pickguard on it, just saying. Anyways, it looks like caramelized maple!! :glee: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That guitar is absolutely gorgeous!!! Never owned or played a koa guitar!

I played a Taylor price around 5+ grand . It did not impress me .

From what I understand from other owners and some reading it’s a hit or miss but there’s lots s play in that so hold me to nothing .

I’d like one and or like to experience more models .
When I bought my F47 GSR I was hesitant about the Koa but it worked out great for the back and sides .