Mic and effects

marcellis

Reaction score
I had a little spare change this year and picked up this stuff on the Reverb site. CAD Equitek E300

02.jpg

BOSS Tremolo (I love tremolo). I use it a lot, acoustic or electric.

y6hhbfnomklcw4bbvcqw

I remember I liked my rack BBE Sonic Maximizer back in the old days. So this year I bought one for guitars. It does what it does.
I prefer applying it to a whole arrangement than just to a lone guitar. But it does its thing.

H94711000000000-00-500x500.jpg

I like JoeMeek gear. So I bought this for a mixdown compressor. I have two mixdown compressors. The other is an RNLA (Really Nice Leveling Amplifier by FMR). I'd give the RNLA the edge on most of my mixes. But this MC2 gives you the ability to adjust stereo width, which is cool. I can use both independently or together. For voices and acoustic guitar, the Meek is better I think. For drums, synths electric guitars and bass, the RNLA gets it.

mc2_1-a3d2a7f97f4e0618bec2318ef80f583b.jpg

I also bought a Nanoverb 2 - a bargain.

alesis_nanoverb2.jpg

Last edited:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Interesting although I am not sure what I would do with all that :) There is a reason I like one pickup instruments.

Sal

Reaction score
Nice Marcellis. I'll bet that CAD microphone sounds wonderful on your Guild acoustics. Have you found a sweet spot for mic placement that you like?

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
I also have an old rack (dual mono) BBE Sonic Maximizer…used it mainly for machine-to-machine bounces back when I recorded with a pair of TASCAM 1/4" reel machines (one 4 track, one 2). And I have the pedal version too—same graphics as yours—but don't have much use for it in guitar signal chains. I do have some old pedals that degrade tone when switched off, like the Guild Foxey Lady (a v1 Electro-Harmonix Big Muff with Guild branding), but I keep 'em in isolated effects loops.

-Dave-