Wooden Picks by RayK

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Awesome Ray! Dig them. Darker wood one is my fave.

Sound test: http://youtu.be/IKZeGtT7NeI

It's the tune wood one ! Awesome that made me smile lots hahaha .... I wanna hug him ;)

There Walnut and Maple . I mentioned I favor the walnut as well . Oak is not bad but I don't have any oak stock .

Also still tweaking the design but this looks pretty good so far keep me filled in how it lasts not that I can change it or ideas hmmm maybe some pictures to just in case. Lmao

Yeah belt sander with 80 grit paper and that tiny pick in the other with two fingers carefully gripping it can't tell how many times they flying away . Lol

The stock I had was to thick do the belt sander had to get it to the right thickness and then shape it . Blanks I cut its the band saw but I'm still very light on tools most deck building gear .

Anyway surprised you got them that fast . I make more after the Holidays.

Opsimath

Reaction score
Hi Ray,

The picks you made look great. I looked for some wood picks as a Christmas gift for my guitar teacher, but after reading about this wood good for that, that wood good for something else, some woods flexible and some woods not, some pointed and others rounded, well, I just didn't know what he might like so I opted for something else.

Just curious, how much time do you suppose you have in making one pick, start to finish?

I saw your layout of picks before cutting them on another thread. I used to make stained glass icicles for Christmas gifts and I found I could get a few more out of my piece of glass if I laid them out one right side up, the one next to it upside down. I traced it both ways on paper first to see if the layout made any difference and it did.

Again, great looking picks.

Opsimath

Reaction score
That BR's looking/sounding great, whatever the pick. :single_eye:

Joe

I agree with Joe. That guitar sounds fantastic. I was rather concerned back on the thread about the "dead stick". It doesn't sound anywhere near dead. Sounds pretty darn good and looks new, too.

Was that your agent at the end of the video? Better hang onto him. Sounds like he knows his stuff, and he'll take you far.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I agree with Joe. That guitar sounds fantastic. I was rather concerned back on the thread about the "dead stick". It doesn't sound anywhere near dead. Sounds pretty darn good and looks new, too.

Was that your agent at the end of the video? Better hang onto him. Sounds like he knows his stuff, and he'll take you far.

That is Isaac. Hilarious kid that one. Thanks again Ray, we really dig the walnut.

Re the BR, guy named Josh At Rainbow Guitars here in Tucson saved it. Whatever he did put it in fine playing shape, and I no longer need to drop it a full step to enjoy the sound. And it does look all shiny too. Thanks Cynthia.