"Hey Shirley" - for Graham

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsiv0ojonfU

Colour me weird but, there is something that I dig about this guy. Please, honest opinions; is he "interesting", bloody awful, or just doing something that outrageous that it works ?

I have a friend who is in his 40's and has some sort of born-again desire to be a groovy attraction on our small-town music scene. He has gear with a myriad knobs and sliders and lights that processes, homogenises, sterilises and de-fibrillates stuff that he feeds into it. And then he sings / plays guitar over it. I have not a clue where he's at. He loathes Bob Log. I say, but not to friend, that Bobbie has a far more interesting scene going than he does. He thinks I'm obtuse and very strange and I feel like I've been complimented. So, whadaya think of Bob ?

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention, this whizz-bang gear that my mate has will make Chow Mein with three different sauces !! And, for all that I know, It'll probably play Yankee Doodle Dandy while you eat it !!

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
So, whadaya think of Bob ?

Reminds me a little of Seasick Steve, but I like Seasick Steve's schtick a bit better. His heart sounds like it's the right place, though.

You probably should send this to Grammy's FB page. Too bad he's not around here much these days. :dispirited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I've seen this guy's clips before. Interesting, but I would not be able to stay there very long.

walrus

gilded

Reaction score
I liked it, Coastie. The guy has better rhythm and coordination than me! I watched the first song, then skipped over some drinking footage and watched a bit of the second song. Small crowd, but they appreciated him. I really, really liked the telephone built into the helmet mask, too. God knows what he looks like underneath it; a Mad Max road warrior, maybe?

And Coastie, here I am pointing out the obvious to you and the rest of the Old Hands, but, Get This:

The guy's name is Bob and he's playing Drums!! Could be our old friend.....Drum Bob??!! Singing out his angst about Shirley?? What do you think, Coastie??

gilded

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The guy's name is Bob and he's playing Drums!! Could be our old friend.....Drum Bob??!! Singing out his angst about Shirley?? What do you think, Coastie??

gilded

Well, tie me to a tree and call me Brenda !! How could I have overlooked that connection ? Though, in mitigation, I'd have to say that I never credited DB with a sense of the ridiculous, which Bob must surely have. Shirley is surely a good ol' gal though. After all she fetches the beer, one of two things that are particularly valuable in a woman. No, no, no. Not that ! Shirley surely must be handy with spices and Curries.

Gotta go now Harry. It's 0630 here, breakfast time. Lamb Curry and chips (fries), and a soothing lager to wash down my medication. My "Shirley" is wonderful.