Phil Lesh Mods

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
nice interior shot. no idea what im looking at but that is just crazy!

k3LYGs.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I was at a Dead show once where they announced that they needed to take a short break while Phil changed the batteries in his bass!

gilded

Reaction score
I find myself, at the bright young age of 62, compelled to ask two questions (masked as an observation):

How old is that roadie and is he the youngest or the oldest guy on the crew? :)

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I find myself, at the bright young age of 62, compelled to ask two questions (masked as an observation):

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Exactly!
What happened to rock n roll???? Where are the kids?...

Oh wait... we already answered that question: On their cell phones. :single_eye:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
4ea78808b996efb67b3623b1d23a0afe.jpg

Although I have to say that the first time I saw this image from a retirement home I wasn't sure whether the residents were the fans or the band members :)

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

Apparently he is only 26...but working on Phil's Starfire all the time has given him "a few grey hairs" hehe

edwin

Reaction score

Roadie?! I am assuming you are jesting and know that that is none other than Ron Wickersham, co-founder of Alembic, and inventor of many other fabulous things, some of which involve not just mentally leaving the planet, but physically leaving the planet. I guess you could say that he is a rocket surgeon!

I seriously doubt he ever had to hump a Mac 3500 like the rest of the other roadies....

gilded

Reaction score
Oh, Edwin.

It was a joke about getting old, something that Mr. Wickersham, This Writer and the Grateful Dead all seem to be doing at an accelerated pace. Always feel free to check for emoticons if you're wondering whether a post was made in jest.

As well, I don't know who humped or did not hump those 125lb. Mac 3500s back in the day, but I recall that the Alembic Stanley Clarke long scale bass I used to own felt just about that heavy by the end of a set. Seriously, it felt that heavy, as in 'no emoticon' seriously.

Last edited:

edwin

Reaction score
Oh, Edwin.

It was a joke about getting old, something that Mr. Wickersham, This Writer and the Grateful Dead all seem to be doing at an accelerated pace. Always feel free to check for emoticons if you're wondering whether a post was made in jest.

As well, I don't know who humped or did not hump those 125lb. Mac 3500s back in the day, but I recall that the Alembic Stanley Clarke long scale bass I used to own felt just about that heavy by the end of a set. Seriously, it felt that heavy, as in 'no emoticon' seriously.

Yeah, I figured.

I heard a story that the test of whether someone could stay on the crew was get a 2300 tossed at them to catch. Women included (it might have been Betty who related the story).

We all do seem to be aging way too rapidly. The idea that Hendrix would now be in his 70s was pretty startling.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Roadie?! I am assuming you are jesting and know that that is none other than Ron Wickersham, co-founder of Alembic, and inventor of many other fabulous things, some of which involve not just mentally leaving the planet, but physically leaving the planet. I guess you could say that he is a rocket surgeon!

Very cool did not realize! Ha On mgods "like." Even funnier now!

my first thought when I saw the picture was "whoever that is, is probably the only guy on the entire planet that knows how to fix that thing". Guess I was right!

Happy Face

Justified Ancient of MuMu
Reaction score
Understandable actually. Except for the CVQ thing.

Useful? Well ...

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Forgetting the layered electronics and two 9-volts, anyone know what the tailpiece is supposed to represent?