Facebook Update on Guild Oxnard!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
For those not on Facebook or who have not seen Guild's post on social media, here's what's up!!

We’re getting close, guys! Necks and fretboards are getting made at the Guild USA factory. Who’s excited? http://bit.ly/16SGWuL

62oKeB.jpg

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
No more ebony? And are they now attaching separate crowns to the neck ends? How about that wide center strip?

Jahn

Reaction score
USA made Guilds again? Yes Please!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
WOW, That must be the New and Rare Cardboard Headstock Veneer! I hear you are not allowed to transport those to Certain Kindergarten Classrooms during Craft Hour without some major Repercussions! LOL. From the pamphlet the D20 and M20 Necks were supposed to have the G shield Logo, Wonder what necks those are for?

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That headstock veneer looks like Richlite to me. They also use it for fretboards on cheaper guitars. It's a good substitute for rosewood or ebony. I'd bet it's that. Well, maybe not BET but venture a guess??

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That headstock veneer looks like Richlite to me. They also use it for fretboards on cheaper guitars. It's a good substitute for rosewood or ebony. I'd bet it's that. Well, maybe not BET but venture a guess??

Sorry Davisman, I meant to say Poster board or Construction paper.:encouragement:

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
But, but.... the frets are overlapping the finger boards! It's never gonna work!!!!!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Heck I hope they don't use 1950's kitchen counter Richlite just don't like the idea ... I thought I heard Martin dropped it ? But I have to say I'm digging the fret board grain that is sweet ! :)

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I 'm Hoping that is just a Headstock Stencil to make sure the Truss rod cavity is in the right place and such. If not, That is a big step backwards from the actual Ebony Wood headstock veneers they used in New Hartford on the Traditional series. This is also pure speculation as we don't even know what models those necks are for, Just that they are making necks with construction paper veneers! LOL.:victorious:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hehehe construction paper a little resin and presto richlite ! Lol ... Just fun'n around . Only reason they would use construction paper is to help make up for rent costs considering there in one if not the most highest cost of living area's in the U.S . Truly wonder if they can keep costs reasonable for us there , let's hope ;)

Neal

Reaction score
Man, you are right, Ray! I want the one built with that extremely figured rosewood fret board.

I doubt that what we are seeing in the one photo is the real head stock veneer. At least I hope it isn't.

I'm sure someone at Cordoba would be glad to enlighten us if we asked nicely.

Neal

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
How about that wide center strip?
That wide maple strip is just the filler over the truss rod slot. I doubt that it runs all the way through. If it is a three piece neck, I'm sure the real center strip is much thinner. But, if you notice the headstock wood in the TRC nut cutaway is all mahogany with no center strip. I say it's a one piece neck.

Last edited:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Chris, I think we're looking at different things. Look at the neck. Then, notice that the truss rod cavity appears to not be maple (which it would be if that the headstock was cut from the neck wood.

62oKeB.jpg

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Chris, I think we're looking at different things. Look at the neck. Then, notice that the truss rod cavity appears to not be maple (which it would be if that the headstock was cut from the neck wood.

62oKeB.jpg
No, we're looking at the same thing. I'm contending that the maple you're seeing in the neck is not part of a neck sandwich, but just the filler strip that goes on top of the truss rod to fill the channel that's routed for the truss rod. If you notice, it ends at the washer at the truss rod nut.