In better days - Joni

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Great video - can't be 2009, though. Early 80's, maybe?

walrus

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
One of my least favorite songs of hers and yet, you still have to just wonder at the talent!! Bless that amazing lady!! Thanks, Bob!!

MLBob

Reaction score
I stand corrected on the date. But still killer!

CA-35

Reaction score
Yeah. Didn't Jaco pass in '87?

September 21, 1987 after being beaten in to a coma by a bouncer at a nightclub in Wilton Manors Florida. I remember that incident like it was yesterday. Jaco was a local boy from Oakland Park (Fort Lauderdale, Fla) and his story of success and then his struggle with mental illness is well known in South Florida. Sad story. To add injury to insult the bouncer who beat him was sentenced to 22 months and was released on "good behavior" after only 4 months.

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
September 21, 1987 after being beaten in to a coma by a bouncer at a nightclub in Wilton Manors Florida. I remember that incident like it was yesterday. Jaco was a local boy from Oakland Park (Fort Lauderdale, Fla) and his story of success and then his struggle with mental illness is well known in South Florida. Sad story. To add injury to insult the bouncer who beat him was sentenced to 22 months and was released on "good behavior" after only 4 months.

As a big Jaco fan I remember that story all too well.... sad it is.