Micheal Hedges with a Guild?

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Great sounding Guild. Interesting the line of people waiting in line behind him, waiting to get a table or coffee. I like the tone of that Guild fir his stuff vs his Martibs. Such a sad end, died way too young. I saw him open up for CSN years later.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I love me some Micheal Hedges very sad end indeed . I never seen these old vids or his younger self very cool :) now I'm sad ..... :( lol

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
A preview of what would eventually come? But how would we have envisioned a collander on his head with dreadlocks sticking out of it???:grief:

For the conditions they must have been recorded under, he sounds fantastic. What does anyone guess that pickup is, "Original Bill Lawrence" (which really aren't Bill Lawrence's) ???

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total

Br1ck

Reaction score
Those were the days. He played many, many times at the front entrance to the Varsity theater. The line was to get into a movie. The entrance area was quite large and you could grab a coffee ,sit at a table and listen to Michael Hedges many a summer weekend evening.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Those were the days. He played many, many times at the front entrance to the Varsity theater. The line was to get into a movie. The entrance area was quite large and you could grab a coffee ,sit at a table and listen to Michael Hedges many a summer weekend evening.

According to the wiki, William Ackerman heard him there and signed him to Windham Hill in 1981 on a cafe napkin.

Smitch

Reaction score
So cool. Loved Michael and saw him live in Lawrence, KS (he generally wouldn't play Kansas City) several times. Never have seen such old footage though, and never saw him with a Guild. To me, he's in the same category (or beyond) of Hendrix and Van Halen; an absolute visionary on guitar that did something that had NEVER been done. Plenty of copy cats, but none that I've heard come close.