Live Guild Sighting!

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
So Amy donates to the local Community College's Radio Station. In return she got invited to dinner and a show at a local steakhouse.

The performer was Matthew Caws of the band Nada Surf. (I never heard of them so here if you're interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nada_Surf

Anyhow, we get there and he's in the back manning his merchandise table. We got a couple drinks and as I glanced at the stage I noticed a familiar pickguard. So I borrowed Amy's phone for a couple of photos:

IMG_3413_zpsngo8ihie.jpg

IMG_3414_zpsqlvskqbg.jpg

I'm thinking it was an JF-30 as it was an all maple jumbo.

He was alright, but after a while all the songs kind of sounded the same. I was having trouble understanding the lyrics because to me, they had way too much affects on the vocals.

Here's an action shot at full zoom:

IMG_3416_zpsfezt6qzx.jpg

The food was good, I went back for seconds!

And one last thing. My band NIGHT SHIFT, used to play at this steakhouse until they hired a new Manager. He didn't like the meager crowd we brought and he dumped us. I hadn't been there in a while so I was interested to see if he was still there. He was. We did exchange pleasantries however and he seemed to remember me. I didn't ask him if he would book us again. Ah well...

Last edited: