Tele Plus Deluxe 90's

S100

Reaction score
Guild Total
I started w/ the classic neck (neck), classic bridge plus (middle, I think) and the classic bridge (bridge). I think I ended up with the set up you have. Tv Jones recommended a Magnatron bridge for the middle. I wish I had tried it.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I bought this as a loaded pickguard and these were my only options. I am really liking the setup so far, Especially the individual pickup tones. I think the push pull pot is good for the Bridge and Neck position but I'm not a fan of the all three position. I may look into a Magnatron Bridge for the middle, I'll bet that would sound great and have a nice contrast with the others. I have had Powertrons in a Humbucker mount in a Telecaster and really didn't care for them much. It's like once they put them in the Humbucker cases they lost their "TV Jones" tone.

I have 2 other 87 E4 serial number Strats with the swimming pool factory route. I thought about possibly building the same pickguard with the Newer TV Jones Duo-trons that they have out with the Split Blade and pole piece magnets. I'll bet the would blow some smoke in a strat setup. That is something for a later date though. Take it easy!

TX

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
here are some better pictures of the tele plus deluxe. what do you all think- is the body ash or alder? thanks for any info!

S100

Reaction score
Guild Total
Always wanted one of those Mav. My main strats still have Lace's.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
nice what month was that? what millenium? i read the strat plus has 3 gold lace sensor pickups, and the strat plus deluxe has red-white-blue lace sensors. Then the strat ultra had the same bridge pickup as the tele plus (dual red hot) plus there was a 5-way switch on the ultra (that the tele did not have), in addition to the mini switch...so u have a plus deluxe strat? they are getting more popular

Yes, it's a Strat Plus Deluxe, rosewood board. Bought it in June 1990, ra couple months after my oldest was born. I told the salesman I wanted a guitar that would stay in tune and it does.