Yamaha SLG ( Silent ) Guitars ?

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I knew what they were about, I thought. I figured the sound couldn't be that great. Then I saw this video clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TnWPz3uMA8

The one guy has a high end "Made to order" version of the basic Yamaha we may have all seen. Too rich for MY blood for sure. I didn't contact them for a price. Then I thought, "How much ARE the Yamahas and just what do they sound like ? "

Then, with some searching, I found Lee Ritenour plays them. They sound pretty good with his hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK3Kr7iI9Ko

The model he is playing goes for about 500 bucks. The NEW top end one, with a blend sound system goes for $650.

Anyone play one of these ?

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I have learned something , here.

I can get HUGE view numbers and zero replies to threads, without even trying.

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
You asked if anyone plays one...apparently not...

Sorry you're feeling lonely...

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
A response of " Nope, but that is interesting. " would have been cool. A, " Not me, but my cousin twice removed had one. " would have at least let me know an the person read it and felt a comment would be worth their time. Heck, I would have taken a " If it ain't a Guild it ain't spit ! "

After a few posts in this section, I've come to believe it is the dead letter office, where topics go to die. Lots of spectators, but don't touch the thread. It might be contagious.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I've come to believe it is the dead letter office, where topics go to die.
Yes and no, it depends, after all it's a Guild forum and when posting about other guitars or instruments it depends how much interest is in them. Obviously that was an oddball...
One of my last threads here had almost 550 (!!!) views and only 1 reply...It wasn't about a Guild...or a guitar...
So don't feel bad.
Ralf

Last edited:

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I guess I thought people checked the off topic sections as well as the Guild topics. The frequent fliers seem to be able to chat about ANYTHING, even if it's a topic hijack, so I thought anything about guitars would at least get a funny remark.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
yeah these old folks have blinders on and share tea with pinky extended hahahaha my thread I just realized will die to no waitt it is dead before it started bwahahahaha

but on the other side I guess it is guild specific but then this option should not be here LOL wait I meant hahahaha Ok I'm the rug rat running around without a parent but I'm not young or that young .

anyway I luv you folks Ag hugs :)

JohnW63 sir post on AGF (acoustic guitar forum ) it'll still be hit or miss but much larger group of folks using a wider range of guitars . My first topic has 11,000 hits and over 250 comments .... no I was not in control the whole time hahahaha but very interesting with good advice suggestions .

so you might have better luck there then come back and we'll tag team these folks on something LMAO <---- Yup I'm out the of the in times hehehehe .....

Just listened they look cool , I have seen them before but I still that quacking sound ... there was vintage electric classical that sounded great and I seen it affordable but I can't for the life of me find it . I keep thinking its a an Epiphone more solid body I seen it on an old vid like grand O'l opry or something so I starting checking it but I can't find now ... I'll keep looking

Last edited: