God's favorite chord: G sus

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
C, E-flat, and G go into a bar. The bartender says, "Sorry, but we don't serve minors." So E-flat leaves, and C and G have an open fifth between them. After a few drinks, the fifth is diminished, and G is out flat. F comes in and tries to augment the situation, but is not sharp enough. D comes in and heads for the bathroom, saying, "Excuse me; I'll just be a second." Then A comes in, but the bartender is not convinced that this relative of C is not a minor. Then the bartender notices B-flat hiding at the end of the bar and says, "Get out! You're the seventh minor I've found in this bar tonight." E-flat comes back the next night in a three-piece suit with nicely shined shoes. The bartender says, "You're looking sharp tonight. Come on in, this could be a major development." Sure enough, E-flat soon takes off his suit and everything else, and is au natural. Eventually C sobers up and realizes in horror that he's under a rest. C is brought to trial, found guilty of contributing to the diminution of a minor, and is sentenced to 10 years of D.S. without Coda at an upscale correctional facility.

gilded

Reaction score
mgod sent this to me in '07. Been saving it for the right occasion:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
gilded, I understood your cartoon better than I understood Darryl's joke!

Is that drawn by Harvey Kurtzman? It looks like it came from a vintage (pre-Alfred Newman) MAD magazine.

walrus

gilded

Reaction score
1954, I think. Google 'bop jokes mad magazine'

The Mag Mag 'bop jokes' usually come up in blogs about jokes that didn't age well. The one above is joke no. 3. It's still funny to me!

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Ah, thanks for the heads up, I'm going to check out the other ones, too!

walrus

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Two dyslexics walk into a bra.....:cool:

Joe

That's Funny Joe! I also enjoyed the literary Prowess of both Darryl's and Gilded's Jokes. Here is my entrance in the joke telling thread. Little boy is talking with his Grandma and Grandpa one day. He told his Grandma that one of his friends got in trouble for throwing rocks at a window. Grandma Responded with "Eh Tit for Tat". The little boy promptly turns to his Grandpa and asks "Grandpa, What is a Tat?" Grandpa replies "I don't know son but it sure doesn't sound like a fair Trade to Me!":rolleyes:

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That's Funny Joe! I also enjoyed the literary Prowess of both Darryl's and Gilded's Jokes. Here is my entrance in the joke telling thread. Little boy is talking with his Grandma and Grandpa one day. He told his Grandma that one of his friends got in trouble for throwing rocks at a window. Grandma Responded with "Eh Tit for Tat". The little boy promptly turns to his Grandpa and asks "Grandpa, What is a Tat?" Grandpa replies "I don't know son but it sure doesn't sound like a fair Trade to Me!":rolleyes:

A charming young woman begat

three children, named Matt, Pat and Tat.

It was fun in the breeding, but hell in the feeding,

'cos there was no tit for Tat.

12 string

Reaction score
Guild Total
I think you meant "ignerntz"....:) (smiley face)

12 string

Reaction score
Guild Total
C, E-flat, and G go into a bar. The bartender says, "Sorry, but we don't serve minors." So E-flat leaves, and C and G have an open fifth between them. After a few drinks, the fifth is diminished, and G is out flat. F comes in and tries to augment the situation, but is not sharp enough. D comes in and heads for the bathroom, saying, "Excuse me; I'll just be a second." Then A comes in, but the bartender is not convinced that this relative of C is not a minor. Then the bartender notices B-flat hiding at the end of the bar and says, "Get out! You're the seventh minor I've found in this bar tonight." E-flat comes back the next night in a three-piece suit with nicely shined shoes. The bartender says, "You're looking sharp tonight. Come on in, this could be a major development." Sure enough, E-flat soon takes off his suit and everything else, and is au natural. Eventually C sobers up and realizes in horror that he's under a rest. C is brought to trial, found guilty of contributing to the diminution of a minor, and is sentenced to 10 years of D.S. without Coda at an upscale correctional facility.

Hanging out in the double bar too long, Hatted Frau? This may be totally fugued, but you should have da capo punishment by being shot around with a canon!