GAS - New Acquisition... 1972 SunBurst Starfire IV

b0rn2w0rsh1p

Reaction score
Asheville, NC (prev: Casper, Wy & FL Gulf Coast)
2 days before my birthday Geof (on a whim) listed three Guilds on Asheville's Craig's List before moving to Cincinnati. If I was still making $50k a year, he would have gone to Cinci empty-handed... since although I have an S-90 that I added a second Vol/Tone and a phase switch, I have always wanted the Oak/Acorn carved version, and having a playable and plugable full acoustic would have been nice. But ever since marrying my wife, she has known my desire for a Starfire (I may share that story sometime since it has to do with the roman numerals IV), and although I had a SF fund, we needed it for living expenses before we sold the house and moved. Not just a blonde or cherry or black or even tobacco burst - and not a stop tailpiece or a V or modified Bigsby - but a Sunburst with the harp tailpiece!!! I was so excited to be able to see and play it before buying, it would have been out of this world if it had the original case... but hey, it had a good case. 8 years ago, when I seriously started watching eBay, it would have been an $800-1,000 guitar, but Guilds are starting to finally get recognized for the awesome guitar they are. Long story-short, if I wasn't such a Guild fan, and a (junior, just because I have been busy-busy) member here, he wouldn't have sold it to me, and since it would join a good family (see updated signature) he accepted my offer!!!

Thanks Geof, it was fun yakking about Guilds and trading riffs,
Loved the Oak & Acorn, too!
Hoping your trip went well, and all success in Cinci...

Guido

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Congratulations Guido! Now all we need is pictures of your new baby! :angel:
Ralf

Qvart

Reaction score
That guitar was SERIOUSLY difficult for me to part with, but I'm glad you like it. Happy birthday to you!

\m/

Qvart

Reaction score
Pics or it didn't happen!!!

(Even though I know for a fact it happened)