No Affiliation, But Pretty Cool.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Jim, they've been pushing these on Facebook LIKE CRAZY!! I like a little "bling" myself but I worry they're a tad bulky on the treble side right up where they clamp. I'm such a fan of Shubb capos.... if you get one, lemme know, okay? :encouragement:

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Jim, they've been pushing these on Facebook LIKE CRAZY!! I like a little "bling" myself but I worry they're a tad bulky on the treble side right up where they clamp. I'm such a fan of Shubb capos.... if you get one, lemme know, okay? :encouragement:

If they made one with turquoise inlay, I'd be all over it! : ) I'm a G7th guy myself.

West

Last edited:

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
"gaudy" and "pricey"!

walrus

Thing is though Walrus, I think I paid about $40 for my G7th. With the attachments (partial capo) you get with these you can also do some alternate tunings. That's what would make me consider one........that, and well, I think they look good.

West

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oooops, I never even looked at the price. WOWZA!! But they're pretty. I'm surprised they don't HAVE a turquoise, you know? Wouldn't it be cool if they had a "73" turquoise/silver/coral/ebony one? That'd be amazing!!

wileypickett

Reaction score
I've been making and using partial capos for 30 years: 2-string, 3-string and 4-string capos. The most useful for me is the 3-string, which bars the E, A and D strings, and leaves the top three stings open. No commercial manufacturer I know of make ones that will work when you lop that much off the end of a capo. The capo tips up and the low E string buzzes. (I've hacksawed virtually every brand of capo ever made, so I know!)

The only 3-string capos that works closes above the strings, not behind the neck. I make 'em to order from capos I order from overseas.

Glenn

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Oooops, I never even looked at the price. WOWZA!! But they're pretty. I'm surprised they don't HAVE a turquoise, you know? Wouldn't it be cool if they had a "73" turquoise/silver/coral/ebony one? That'd be amazing!!

Yes that would be cool. Or even something in a southwest pattern of some sort. And Wiley, I just tune alternate from time to time. I've never tried a partial capo.

West

jcwu

Reaction score
I was part of the Kickstarter campaign. Had two on order. I liked the looks of them.

Ended up cancelling my "pledge" because there was delay after delay after delay. I guess it was expected, it's not easy getting a product from concept to mass production (they were way overpledged on their campaign), but in that time of waiting, my ardor for the fancy capo wore off.

I have enough capos as it is!

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Let's see, I know 4 songs that I use a capo for, 3 songs in "drop D" tuning, all the rest in "capo-less" standard tuning. So even though I do agree they look very cool, I don't think I'd use it enough to justify the cost - I'd want to show that thing off if I had one!

In the "About" section of the web site, the founder talks about his daughter wanting to meet Taylor Swift to give her one of these capos. Now THAT would increase sales! He should be sending her a box of them!

walrus

Aristera

Reaction score
I've been making and using partial capos for 30 years: 2-string, 3-string and 4-string capos. The most useful for me is the 3-string, which bars the E, A and D strings, and leaves the top three stings open. No commercial manufacturer I know of make ones that will work when you lop that much off the end of a capo. The capo tips up and the low E string buzzes. (I've hacksawed virtually every brand of capo ever made, so I know!)

The only 3-string capos that works closes above the strings, not behind the neck. I make 'em to order from capos I order from overseas.

Glenn

I can attest to how well Glenn's partial capos work. The first time I saw one was at LMGIV when Glenn used my DV-72 on stage for a memorable performance. I was fortunate to receive one and have been using it ever since.

James