Guild Orpheum update

siddhartha

Reaction score
Hi gents,

Just wanted to mention that I've been playing my Orpheum Orchestra (mahogany sunburst) for the past few months. It's continued to astound me, with sound that's really second to none. I prefer the playability (most likely the string spacing) of my Martin OM-28v, but the sound of that Guild is really something else...

As mentioned previously, my luthier changed the tuning machines, as well as the pickguard (liked the shape, but wanted something a little more interesting, and beveled) and it's as beautiful as it sounds.

Those Orpheums are really, really special

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I'd like to play one . I keep asking and keep forgetting if they have a rosewood model . I'll remember one of these days .

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I adore my Orpheum mahogany OM.

Rayk, yes, there was a rosewood model.

merlin6666

Reaction score
Could you elaborate on the tuner replacement? Did you find something with perfect fit for the Gotohs or needed to do some modifications to get the new ones in?

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
good idea getting it when you did, as soon these orfs will be like 5 k.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Merlin I sent you a PM.:single_eye:

Last edited:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Those are nice, tx!

I went ahead and sent the post and pic to Merlin in a PM Chazmo, I didn't want to post photos on someone else's thread.:single_eye: Now that Imageshack is back up and running I'll post a NGD thread and put the info in there for everyone.:encouragement:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I adore my Orpheum mahogany OM.

Rayk, yes, there was a rosewood model.
K I'll remember the orchestra model would my target as well and a sunburst would be nice also never had before. ;)

Aristera

Reaction score
I went ahead and sent the post and pic to Merlin in a PM Chazmo, I didn't want to post photos on someone else's thread.:single_eye: Now that Imageshack is back up and running I'll post a NGD thread and put the info in there for everyone.:encouragement:

Didn't you mention a 40th birthday present you were going to post some NGD pics of??

siddhartha

Reaction score
As far as I know, they were a drop-in replacement. I went with Grover Sta-tites.

I have another guitar with replacement Waverlies, but I actually prefer the Grovers.

I'll get pics up again, but they're floating around this forum already

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The grovers are nice and smooth mine are 18-1 that will be choice from now on . :)

Backing up a bit If Orph's hit 5,000 grand that would bad for me I'm to poor . :(

siddhartha

Reaction score
I used the Grover Sta-tites with the 18:1 ratio, but the plates are the same pattern. It was drop-in replacement. Of course, I kept the originals (they might be coerced to work smoothly, but they needed replacement in my opinion)

siddhartha

Reaction score
K I'll remember the orchestra model would my target as well and a sunburst would be nice also never had before. ;)

The sunburst on the Orpheums is probably the nicest I've ever seen. It's the whole guitar, too, not just the body.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Omg hahaha see how my brain works ... It does not ! Sidd I seen your post in acoustic guitar forums and without going back and re looking I don't remember you on my triple O shoot out post ... Oh boy ... Ok so I just posted on AGF to ask you how the Blueridge 183a compares to the Orpheum you have .
I have admit keeping up with who said what where in when is tough lol thank God I have a nice spicy sauce , egg and cheese bagel sandwich , coffee and a jets game on to stop me hitting my self in the head about this stuff hahaha oh and fire in the fireplace that is ;) good morning everyone :)