"New Standards for Flatpicking Guitar"

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
This CD, on CD Baby is an absolute must-have for any acoustic guitarist. While it includes
many known as bluegrass players, that's not what the CD is about. 15 duets from some of the finest
players in the game (though sadly one has passed, James Shelton).

Not expensive and some of the best guitar playing you will ever hear, period!

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
This CD, on CD Baby is an absolute must-have for any acoustic guitarist. While it includes
many known as bluegrass players, that's not what the CD is about. 15 duets from some of the finest
players in the game (though sadly one has passed, James Shelton).

Not expensive and some of the best guitar playing you will ever hear, period!

Just found one used on Amazon for a good price. Love Bryan Sutton and the like, thanks Bill!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks, Bill. I'll go check it out a bit later and see what I see. I wish my CD player in my truck was still working. I've got all this music that I've bought and .... now what do I do? I bought some of this music on vinyl. Then on cassette. Then later on CD. Now do I have to go download it all on my iWhatever and pay for it again? I don't think so. I need some kind of modern cd/iPhone thingie that will work for new/old stuff.

Does anyone else find scrolling through a playlist awkward? I mean, I flip through my CD's and then an artist catches my eye, and then I throw it in. I'm not sure that would work scrolling through a list..... but maybe I'm just old.

I dunno..... it's not the same.

But I ain't paying for it AGAIN!! New music fine, the old stuff, NO!!

Whoops, sorry Bill. Didn't mean to hijack your post to go on an old, geezer rant!! LOL!! :boxing:

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
I just went through the same thing!

I have a James King CD that I "acquired," and I intended to pass it on to a friend who is a big fan of his...2005 release, coupla songs they
still play on Sirius so thought I would copy them...NOT...is this something with Windows 7? Forget it, can't save them, will just pass the CD on tomorrow.

BTW, everyone send their thoughts and prayers his way, he needs a liver transplant or some such intervention...former Marine, SEMPER FI!

Anyway...is this why I am loving the fact that records are becoming available again? (Just found a MINT copy of Electric Flag's first LP at the Big-E...stoked, as my original is so worn out!...bought mine new in what, 1969???

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Bill, all my vinyl went away at the beginning of the year! Only got a few dollars for a few of the "collectible" ones, but the rest went to the thrift store. I don't really want to play them. I'm glad they're gone. Plus now I have all this room for guitar cases!! YEAH!!
xl8Ash.jpg

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I just went through the same thing!

I have a James King CD that I "acquired," and I intended to pass it on to a friend who is a big fan of his...2005 release, coupla songs they
still play on Sirius so thought I would copy them...NOT...is this something with Windows 7? Forget it, can't save them, will just pass the CD on tomorrow.

BTW, everyone send their thoughts and prayers his way, he needs a liver transplant or some such intervention...former Marine, SEMPER FI!

Anyway...is this why I am loving the fact that records are becoming available again? (Just found a MINT copy of Electric Flag's first LP at the Big-E...stoked, as my original is so worn out!...bought mine new in what, 1969???

Windows should download it into media player you don't get a pop up asking what to do with it ? do you have the service pack one update on W7 ?

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Bill, all my vinyl went away at the beginning of the year! Only got a few dollars for a few of the "collectible" ones, but the rest went to the thrift store. I don't really want to play them. I'm glad they're gone. Plus now I have all this room for guitar cases!! YEAH!!
xl8Ash.jpg

VEER: Tom, what's the deal with the big silver case? NASA space guitar?

tjmangum

Reaction score
Tom, if you bought any of your CDs on Amazon it is available to you in an MP3 format.