Turkuaz

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I am one of those folks who falls into the trap of listening today to what I listened to as a teenager. It's not that I don't like new music as much as I don't notice it unless someone makes me listen and then it has to be Really Good to get me to listen again.

A variation of the this video showed up on Facebook and I'm hooked. 8 performers. Influences include Parliament and Talking Heads.

Band's web site:

http://www.turkuazband.com/band/

A recent live concert for folks who want to stream an hour's worth of music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i12Rt5eIL-Y

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
(Geezer raising his hand desperately in the back of the class!)

How do you not love a band that uses a synth to sound like a B3 with a Leslie and has a bass-sax player? Hoo-Ahh!

BWWWW-waaa!
Go right to 6:45 on the streaming link, this is raising all the hairs on the back of my neck!!!!

Damn!

Just...well...someone take that Orange amp away from the lead guitar player and get him a Twin Reverb, will ya?

EDIT: OK, strike that...they did...he's using a SUPRO (!!)! in the long concert...

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Frono, thanks for that one! What a bumpy, funky little groove that was to start my Saturday off!! I like them a LOT!! I like everything about them. I'll listen to some more today, also. :encouragement:

griehund

Reaction score
Saw that video of on FaceBook a few weeks back. The funk is definitely coming back. The music I listened to as a teenager is more in the Everly Bros era.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Guild content. griehund posted it where it ended up in my FB feed.

See below from the same session. I think the bassist has a 1970 JS II in the relatively rare configuration of a neck Bisonic and an unnamed Hagstrom at the bridge. Lots of glimpses of the bass but 1:38 is close to a full frontal.