My new B4CE NT

mjac28

Reaction score
I've been looking for just the right B4E since the last one I ordered was sent with a broken neck. I found one on eBay with a decent price and pulled the trigger I love my Martin but my disability makes it difficult to play for long stretches and I wanted something with a shorter scale that said I'm not a huge fan of the Kala basses especially the strings so I continued my search for a nice B4E and I finally found one should be here later this week here are some pictures from the seller. I also want to thank Hans,fronobulax,SFIV1967 and mavuser for their help. I now get the pleasure of having hyper anxiety until it arrives. :)

first%20one_zps5jvphzii.jpg

3_zpsvk1apb8s.jpg

5_zpsvqrex8ky.jpg

1_zpsb55h7kz3.jpg

Last edited:

mjac28

Reaction score
Checked the sound block and the date is August 21,1993 . The bass arrived in great shape it was very well packed one of the best jobs I've seen actually it came with nylon strings which to me sound awful and they feel funny they're new so if anyone wants them I can send them to you for free. I put on some D'Addario EPBB170's (regular light .45-.100) after I found out that my D'Addario EXPPBB170s (regular light,short scale .45-.100) strings didn't fit. I'm going to be experimenting with some regular bass string sets I have lying around I have a pair of coated Warwick rounds that may sound nice anyone know if this bass can take .45-.105 strings?. I love the bass the scale is so comfortable to play which is the main reason I got it and the funny thing is it projects almost as loud as my Martin. I haven't played it through my amp yet but it sure sounds good recording through my MOTU Track 16 with a slight bit of compression. I'm happy this one is a keeper for sure.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Congrats! That one looks to be in fantastic shape! That does look like the original case too, which also fits a Starfire bass. Enjoy!

mjac28

Reaction score
Congrats! That one looks to be in fantastic shape! That does look like the original case too, which also fits a Starfire bass. Enjoy!

Thanks so much and it does look like it could fit a Starfire bass I guess I'll have to get one just to make sure :)