Guild GAD/Westerly M120

MJKelly

Reaction score
Guild Total
Based on specs, it appears the Westerly Collection M-120 is a rebranded GAD M-120. It has a new "Westerly Collection" label, a tortoise shell pickguard replacing the black pickguard. I think the Westerly M-120 may have a natural gloss polyurethane finish on the neck, rather than the satin finish. It also comes with a polyfoam case rather than the hard shell case.

Guild reports the new M-20s to begin production the end of the year or early 2016. I expect they'll have a prototype at Winter NAMM. Anticipated street price is $1,399.99 (according to Elderly.com). I heard Guild's goal was to produce affordable USA-made acoustic guitars. You can contact Guild to be put on a mailing list for notification when the M-20's are available for order.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Based on specs, it appears the Westerly Collection M-120 is a rebranded GAD M-120. It has a new "Westerly Collection" label, a tortoise shell pickguard replacing the black pickguard. I think the Westerly M-120 may have a natural gloss polyurethane finish on the neck, rather than the satin finish. It also comes with a polyfoam case rather than the hard shell case.

Guild reports the new M-20s to begin production the end of the year or early 2016. I expect they'll have a prototype at Winter NAMM. Anticipated street price is $1,399.99 (according to Elderly.com). I heard Guild's goal was to produce affordable USA-made acoustic guitars. You can contact Guild to be put on a mailing list for notification when the M-20's are available for order.

Welcome.

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
First post WELCOME TO LTG, MJKelly!
Others will follow, I'm certain, but in the meantime why don't you tell us a little about yourself, like whether or not you own any Guilds, where you're located, etc. Inquiring minds you know.
:rugby:

Cheers,
Joe

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to LTG MJKelly! Plenty of other threads about the various topics you mentioned. Might take you some days to read all of this! Have fun here!
Ralf

JasonG

Reaction score
There is a nut width difference between a GAD M-120 and a Westerly M-120. There are also a few other minor construction changes as well.

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm just discovering this forum, I love Guild axes and own a little GAD M120 that I love, since around 2013 I think :)

I was looking for an answer about the soundhole size of this peculiar guitar, anyone knows it? The thing is that the guitar is not at home for a few days and nobody can take the measurement for me, but I need to find a soundhole cover to avoid feedback. Will be playing it june 6, so I hope everything will come up fine.

Anyway, thanks in advance if someone has the answer, or even can mesure his own M120 😊
Cheers!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm just discovering this forum, I love Guild axes and own a little GAD M120 that I love, since around 2013 I think :)

I was looking for an answer about the soundhole size of this peculiar guitar, anyone knows it? The thing is that the guitar is not at home for a few days and nobody can take the measurement for me, but I need to find a soundhole cover to avoid feedback. Will be playing it june 6, so I hope everything will come up fine.

Anyway, thanks in advance if someone has the answer, or even can mesure his own M120 ��
Cheers!

Welcome aboard Jordain!
Can't help with the measurement but a little bump of this thread might help you get some more views.
:friendly_wink: