1971 guild f30-nt

lilysdad15

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm new to this forum but I just bought a 1971 f30-nt guild today and would love any info on it. Value, pros and cons, anything you could add. I got it for 65 bucks and from what I've researched was a good deal. Any input is well appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

lilysdad15

Reaction score
new to thread with a question

I just bought a 1971 f30-nt guild today at a fleamarket. Paid 65 dollars for it. It's my first guild and am just curious if anyone has any insight as to the value of it as well as any information you could tell me about it. Thanks in advance!

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to the forum! That's quite a find for quite a price.

Before offering up a value, it would help if we could see pics, get a description, etc... With guitar values, condition is EVERYTHING. Non-original parts, damage, needed maintenance, etc. all have a big impact on worth.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yep. It could be something worth only hanging on the wall as decoration, or an amazing find. Condition is everything.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
best F30 NT score I have ever seen. $65. I believe that would have been a steal in the '60s.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
HI Lilysdad, welcome aboard!
Those first couple of pics are very encouraging.
What should have been said is:" We need to see a closeup of how high the strings are from the fretboard (sideview) at the 12th fret and a similar view of the bridge and saddle?".
This'll give us a better idea of whether the neck is in good alignment which is a major concern on guitars that old. Repairable but costly.
If the guitar's in as good condition as the first photos suggest, there's gonna be a lot of feedback along the lines of
"Why couldn't that happen to me?"
:friendly_wink:

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome lilysdad15. Yes, yesterday was your lucky day. F-30's are generally a very well regarded little guitar.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I'll get more pics when I get back to the house and post as soon as I do. Thanks for all yalls input already!
Forgot to mention that even if it needs major repairs like a neck reset, at the price you paid it looks like it will be WELL worth it.
I'll let some of the other guys more familiar with the market make value estimates when ready.
Also, if you're considering selling, those kinds of discussions are better handled in the "For Sale/For Trade" forum as it's only visible to members here.
And you're probably gonna have a bunch of brand new best friends! :biggrin-new:

Last edited:

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
The action appears to be a bit high. From the top of the fret wire at twelve and bottom of the low E. If between 3/32" and 1/8", that would be a good place to be. If close, might be an easy fix, if not, could be any number of causes. None-the-less, you've got a lot of room to work $$ wise.

Last edited:

lilysdad15

Reaction score
Just had it looked at. The guy said he would definitely get the bridge re glued from where it's coming up a little in the back but nothing that he said wouldn't be expected. He said the neck and everything else looked good and other Than a few blemish marks from use it was in really good condition...

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Just had it looked at. The guy said he would definitely get the bridge re glued from where it's coming up a little in the back but nothing that he said wouldn't be expected. He said the neck and everything else looked good and other Than a few blemish marks from use it was in really good condition...

To veer - there were a couple of your posts that looked like an attempt to post pics. Nothing showed up and I could not even figure out what to edit to make them work for you. So I deleted them. You might consider trying again.