Oxnard Factory

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Latest rumors are that there is one piece of equipment that draws too much power and Cordoba is working on addressing that. Production will start "Real Soon Now".
Thought latest rumor is that that was finally fixed and they're entirely "greenlighted".
From post #1 in this thread:
"We got to talking about the permit process and what was holding things up. You won't believe why they were having a hangup with the permits. According to the Rep they had permits for everything including the Hazardous chemicals used to make the Nitro Cellulose Lacquer and everything was in order. The hangup came from a Machine press that they use in the guitar making process. Apparently the machine was drawing more Current than the State of California was happy with when it was in use and this was the hold up for final permitting. LOL".

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thought latest rumor is that that was finally fixed and they're entirely "greenlighted".
From post #1 in this thread:
"We got to talking about the permit process and what was holding things up. You won't believe why they were having a hangup with the permits. According to the Rep they had permits for everything including the Hazardous chemicals used to make the Nitro Cellulose Lacquer and everything was in order. The hangup came from a Machine press that they use in the guitar making process. Apparently the machine was drawing more Current than the State of California was happy with when it was in use and this was the hold up for final permitting. LOL".

I did not read that as saying the permits were in hand and operations had commenced. English as a first language and all that. You'd think, though, that if the conveyer belts were running the usually social media savvy folks at Cordoba would have announced. If the announcement comes within 24 hours of this post then we know they read LTG :)

merlin6666

Reaction score
I think they want to do another "ask Ren" and were collecting the questions somewhere, maybe on facebook ... someone could ask about this ...

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Maybe I refresh this thread for those who don't use Facebook with a M-20 picture from the Guild factory in Oxnard.

It's from Guild Facebook page on 11/14 and reads: "First look at our M-20 mold! This little guy's ready to start rolling out some beautiful USA-made guitars!"

12234883_10153084229256105_6089514424981187504_n.jpg

So they still did not announce yet that they have officially started production. I'll keep you updated once that happens.

Ralf

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Maybe I refresh this thread for those who don't use Facebook with a M-20 picture from the Guild factory in Oxnard.

It's from Guild Facebook page on 11/14 and reads: "First look at our M-20 mold! This little guy's ready to start rolling out some beautiful USA-made guitars!"

12234883_10153084229256105_6089514424981187504_n.jpg

So they still did not announce yet that they have officially started production. I'll keep you updated once that happens.

Ralf

If you look at the mold in the photo it is situated Upside Down! This picture was Clearly taken in China! If it would have been taken in an American Guitar Plant that mold would be Right Side Up!!! I'm not buying it, Looks like a "Westerly Collection" Mold to me. LOL!

wileypickett

Reaction score
I was told by performer Ryley Walker that Guild Oxnard is giving out production model guitars to artists for road testing. I saw him perform in Providence, RI, a couple weeks ago and he was playing a Guild D40 (or whatever it's called under their new model designations). I asked him about it after the show (he and I have known each other for a couple years, played a show together in Philly) and he said it was gift from someone in PR at Guild who are looking at possible artist endorsements.

At that point it was too late for me take a look a close look at it though!

BTW, I recommend Ryley if he comes through your area. Terrific guitarist, great songwriter and he has an incredible voice. His most recent album, Primrose Green, has gotten rave reviews.

Glenn

wileypickett

Reaction score
No No No!

Guild, if you're listening keep the traditional model numbers.
Tradition!

Well, it may not be too late to change their minds, but you might want to launch your campaign ASAP!

When I complimented Ryley after the show and asked if he was playing a D40, he said, "Yes . . . well, no. They're giving 'em new numbers now."

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
No No No!

Guild, if you're listening keep the traditional model numbers.
Tradition!

I can say for sure that they are doing away with the F50 and F412 Monikers According to the pamphlet they released at NAMM this year showing their First Traditional models to be Built in California. The New Designation for the Old F50R is the F55 and the F50 is the F55 Maple. The F512 is remaining the same but the F412 will now be known as the F512 Maple. Like I said, This was in print from Guild themselves, This may have changed since then but I seriously Doubt it. Here is a photo of the Pamphlet.

FHUHgw.jpg

76 D55 Kenny

Reaction score
I can say for sure that they are doing away with the F50 and F412 Monikers According to the pamphlet they released at NAMM this year showing their First Traditional models to be Built in California. The New Designation for the Old F50R is the F55 and the F50 is the F55 Maple. The F512 is remaining the same but the F412 will now be known as the F512 Maple. Like I said, This was in print from Guild themselves, This may have changed since then but I seriously Doubt it. Here is a photo of the Pamphlet.

FHUHgw.jpg

Oh Good!
They're keeping the D55 name.

That's the only model that matters. :tickled_pink:

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I was told by performer Ryley Walker that Guild Oxnard is giving out production model guitars to artists for road testing. I saw him perform in Providence, RI, a couple weeks ago and he was playing a Guild D40 (or whatever it's called under their new model designations).
That was not a "Made in Oxnard" guitar you saw. No guitars left the new factory yet.
The guitar he played in Providence on 10/11 was a sunburst "Westerly Collection" D-140. Guild is pushing the Newark St. and Westerly Collection guitars to many new artists looking at their webpage.
He's playing that D-140 on all his gigs recently.

Here's the guitar in question in a large picture: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/ZqKiWEEuDAI/maxresdefault.jpg

And a smaller picture:

img_2055_1.jpg

And in a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GtUcxOHTlg

And he also got a new "Westerly Collection" F-1512E 12 string:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib1O7aRGHd8

mqdefault.jpg

Ryley Walker in the past also played a real Westerly made D-35: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/kwW_k6OKLUU/maxresdefault.jpg

Ralf

Last edited:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Holy moly, they're giving guitars to artists???? I know we're all interested in Oxnard progress, but if that's true it deserves a new thread. I believe that's a landmark for Guild.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Holy moly, they're giving guitars to artists???? I know we're all interested in Oxnard progress, but if that's true it deserves a new thread. I believe that's a landmark for Guild.
Not sure what is so exciting in this. Guild has plenty of artists they support, some of them are new after NH times: http://guildguitars.com/community/artists/ (this list is not really up to date I think)
Even during NH times they had this Fender/Guild lounge and the Airsteam where they produced videos with artists playing Guild guitars. And I am not sure what endorsing really means for CMG, with regards to WC and NS guitars the risk/cost is not so big to do this, but it creates attention to the brand! They are probably just on loan or so. CMG does the right things I think.
Ralf

Last edited:

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
One of the best guitars I played at Rainbow in Tucson in Saturday was a GADJF30. It was just a huge sounding and easy to play guitar. But fir the asking price, figure I could find a westerly JF30 for less. The guild jumbo size felt better in my shoulder, must be the slim waist.

wileypickett

Reaction score
Thanks for setting me straight Ralf! If I'd had a chance to check out the guitar up close I might have known all this.

Ryley was playing a (pretty beat) Westerly D35 at the show we did in Philly a year or so ago.

Glenn

That was not a "Made in Oxnard" guitar you saw. No guitars left the new factory yet.
The guitar he played in Providence on 10/11 was a sunburst "Westerly Collection" D-140. Guild is pushing the Newark St. and Westerly Collection guitars to many new artists looking at their webpage.
He's playing that D-140 on all his gigs recently.

Here's the guitar in question in a large picture: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/ZqKiWEEuDAI/maxresdefault.jpg

And a smaller picture:

img_2055_1.jpg

And in a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GtUcxOHTlg

And he also got a new "Westerly Collection" F-1512E 12 string:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib1O7aRGHd8

mqdefault.jpg

Ryley Walker in the past also played a real Westerly made D-35: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/kwW_k6OKLUU/maxresdefault.jpg

Ralf