Bonnie Raitt in Boston tonight, Guild sighting!

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
There you go Sandy, you carry a tuba, you wear a Sousaphone...the brass ones sound quite nice, the white
fiberglass quite terrible...those appear to be Eb horns...the tuba can be either Eb or a real manly BBb.

I cannot speak to how big a guy can "wear" a Sousaphone Pascal, for in high school we were almost as slim
as you...although we did not wear purple spandex...

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
There you go Sandy, you carry a tuba, you wear a Sousaphone...the brass ones sound quite nice, the white
fiberglass quite terrible...those appear to be Eb horns...the tuba can be either Eb or a real manly BBb.

I cannot speak to how big a guy can "wear" a Sousaphone Pascal, for in high school we were almost as slim
as you...although we did not wear purple spandex...

How can you tell Bill? My first instrument was a trombone, and I know a wee bit about them, but zero about tubas. I've been toying with the notion of getting another trombone, and Mrs. Two approves. She has NO idea how loud they are lol.

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
Excellent! Love that low register, like in Chicago (25 or 6 to 4)...make sure you get the one with a trigger for the lower register...now older and wiser and able to afford it all!

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Excellent! Love that low register, like in Chicago (25 or 6 to 4)...make sure you get the one with a trigger for the lower register...now older and wiser and able to afford it all!

Trombones have always been my favorite brass instrument Bill, and I've been a huge Bill Watrous fan since meeting and playing with him at a music camp one summer at UVM when I was a junior in high school. This ones a bit long, but it's 7:45 of sublime to me.

Pascal will like the car too!

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Ah.... the ugly R5 turbo! lol

Ah yes, but went like stink in their time. I love roller skate cars too, especially mid-engined ones.

Edit: Oops, missed the earlier post. They do sort of look alike...

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
WTFudge lmao you guys are nuts and possibly older bwahahaha but great laughs on my side hehehehe .... I have not listened to her yet having a BBQ and pool and darts party hic* yup Reggae music too anyways who said what about bass playing ? K hic_*#%}{ I'll come back and Pousts a sungs *hic about gat no no no about what 'zzzz a pase can doze yeah doze .... I'll be hic* back ..... Burp ! Oh G ... Gtg ....

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
*snicker* I chose to play electric bass because it was "cooler" than tuba and, being lazy, if I picked up bass and not guitar I did not have to learn to read another clef. That said if I had heard Dixieland or come across a gigging polka band while in High School I probably would have decided that tuba was cool enough.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
This has been a really fun post. "From Bonnie Raitt to Tubas" is going to be my new "all inclusive" phrase!! LMAO!! :encouragement:

Ray, I'm not sure how you've never heard of Bonnie, but I suppose you're living proof that it can happen!! Take a listen. You won't be sorry.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The definitive version of one of the BEST SONGS EVER.... It doesn't get better than this!! Love ya, Bonnie.....

Wow....

Tomas....

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ok yeah she's good but she's just on the outside of my circle of taste . I can see why she's liked though.

Last edited: