NGD a Mic Errr in a few days 😊

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
So I'm not a great know it all when it comes to some gear and obviously not a pro to those that know me lol .

I have two condenser Mics one is a MXL V65m and a Blue Spark both Mics perform well especially at their price points .

But I wanted another mic one with multi patterns but they were always pretty high for the poor guy though there are some that start around 200.+ if I'm not mistaking .

But even though this not that much cheaper something about It said try it . I dealt with Monoprice and had very good support so what the hay ��

Here's the mic and though it's a MIC ( Made in China ) and unnamed I'm not underestimating it . The price is a deal if all sounds good if you ask me . Here's a vid from MP and in the vid a link to sound bites .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DdyhmzBX3gE

Now for all you get it's a good deal at 149.00 bucks Here's the site link .
http://www.monoprice.com/mobile/Pro...categoryId=11502&subCategoryId=1150201&cpnCd=

I'll post back once it's fired up with sound sample . ��

Heres a sound sample just Guitar this trip ....Hellooooooo is there anybody out there LMAO

Last edited:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Good sounding Mic Ray, It looks almost Identical to my Blue Baby Bottle. Nice tone to it. Seems like it has a very consistent response pattern to it. I like that you can switch recording patterns on it like the Blue Reactor series. Are you running a Mic Pre-Amp on it or recording it straight to digital? I record into a ZOOM MRS-1608CD but I use a couple of Presonus Tube Pre preamps Between the Mics and recorder. Gives it some of that wonderful Tube Warmth on the recording and really helps if you have a hot or low feed to even things out in the mix. Nice grab RayK!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hey life ! Hahaha grab two is on the list can't go wrong for 149.00 bucks huh biggest mic I've handled lol then no more mic's well maybe one to match my MXL 602s pencil mic .

I'm going to check out the zoom you have . Oooo cool unit 😃

I run the mic's through Art mp studio tube pre amps but there noisy I bought low noise matched tubes which helped but not enough .
I run that into lexicon I-Onyx U42s to my daw which is Reason 8 .

My next grab might be this though I'm still researching I keep coming back to Art . http://artproaudio.com/mic_preamps/product/pro_mpa-ii/

Presonus is good stuff almost went with studio one .

I mostly use the H4N for quick out side recordings guitar , nature , storms that kind of stuff .

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The presonus Blue Tube's are extremely quiet I have one 2 channel version and one single channel version. That way if I need to I can run 3 mics at a time on whatever I am recording.:encouragement:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I'll look into to them thanks . ;)

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Meet the twins :) could help myself on sale again or was ....

16C1A826-3079-4FB6-BE19-A11601CCFB57.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]