Aristera

Reaction score
Last edited:

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Is he still a Guild endorser?
No. But he still plays them, but his main 6 string acoustic guitar is an Olson at the moment. But he does not endorse Olson.
His Olson guitar is outfitted with the LR Baggs' LB6 undersaddle pickup.
Doyle also ordered a cutaway version of that same guitar from James Olson (I guess it is the one with the Rose, see below).

On March 29, 2015 he gave an interview where he said:

"Are you still contracted to Guild? Because you play the Olson and other makes as well.
I am not currently under contract with anyone at this time and enjoy playing my Olson and other guitars...The Olson is not a short scale guitar but I still love it. It really is not a large guitar so the long scale gives it more punch but it plays so easy it is not as noticeable as some.
"

"What is your favorite guitar and why? On the acoustics if I had one guitar to take on the road it would be my Olson. It is quintessentially the most perfect guitar I have ever played. Another is my Kirk Sand nylon string and for my 12 string I like my Adamas by Ovation & my Guild signature guitar (12 string) is great. I also love my Guild six string and my old Taylors. When I am at home I like to play my old Gibson flattops and will occasionally take one on the road with me. All in all it’s the Olson.
On the electric side… I love my old Telecasters and my Gretsch guitars.
"

"Are you currently or will you be a Signature Artist with any guitar manufacturers in the near future and will you be performing any guitar clinics?
I probably will someday. Right now I am enjoying playing my Olson, Sand, Gretsch and my Adamas. Sometimes I will also take my old 58 or 61 Telecaster. I love guitars and the people that I represented were very special to me. I don’t have any enemies in this business and hope to involve Taylor, Guild, Fender, Gretsch, Ovation and perhaps even Gibson in my future plans.
Any new signature guitars planned?
My next main guitar will be an Olson. When you have something like that… You just let the man (James Olson) do his magic.
"

On July 22, 2015 he posted on Facebook:

"The first time I ever saw a rose on a guitar that I remember was not on my signature Taylor... It was on an Olson. As some of you know James Olson is one of the most popular and foremost luthiers in the world. His guitar designs are considered by many professional builders to be as good as it can get in this world. James Taylor has played an Olson guitar for many years as has also Phil Keaggy, Leo Kotke, David Wilcox and many others. When James asked if I wanted a white rose on my guitar (because of my song and story, White Rose for Heidi) my mind went back to the first time I ever saw the one on his guitar. Soon I will reveal more photos but today I just wanted to share this beautiful Rose inlay on the headstock." And showed this picture: https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...=e7d7ad8894aa81b81445c76ac4ff2c1b&oe=5654A7DA

Ralf

Last edited: