: ) Look What I Just Found

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I attended one of these great get-togethers, I think in 2009. Or 2010. It was a blast, and I'd love to be able to do it again sometime. My wife and I attended a few of the New Hartford events, and they were fantastic. But Cali is just too far and then there's the bonus of having the world's largest vintage guitar show next door.

Yes, 2010 Dave. You, me, and a Mustang convertible!

Opsimath

Reaction score
I attended one of these great get-togethers, I think in 2009. Or 2010. It was a blast, and I'd love to be able to do it again sometime. My wife and I attended a few of the New Hartford events, and they were fantastic. But Cali is just too far and then there's the bonus of having the world's largest vintage guitar show next door.

I know I'm uninformed being relatively new to guitar but I have to ask: When/where is the "world's largest vintage guitar show"? Are you talking about the Arlington show or is there another one?

Cynthia

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I know I'm uninformed being relatively new to guitar but I have to ask: When/where is the "world's largest vintage guitar show"? Are you talking about the Arlington show or is there another one?

Cynthia

Cynthia, it's GuitArlington at the Arlington Convention Center every October in Arlington Texas. Us LTGers probably went there more for the camaraderie than the guitars, although there were certainly plenty of them, too!

Last edited:

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
And most of us used to stay at the Sheraton, next door to the convention center. We'd lease a little cabin behind the hotel on Saturday nights on guitar show weekends, and jam till the wee hours. Friday nights we always did a group dinner. And usually spend early Saturday seeing either Dallas or Fort Worth sights, along with taking in the guitar show. We haven't done it in a few years Cynthia. At least, I haven't. Lots of old LTG members used to come to visit and play. The cool thing about the Saturday nights to me was that it made no difference what your talent level was, everyone's playing was greatly appreciated. It was a very nurturing environment for beginning players and singers. The folks with the most talent are most helpful.

http://www.texasguitarshows.com/NewArl.htm

West

Cynthia

Last edited:

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
I have a Photobucket full of images from our last foray in 2012...I should put them up in DropBox or something, if I could get it to work...

Last edited:

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Sandy missed a belt loop. : ) Great shots. Thanks Bill........those are some good old memories.

West

tjmangum

Reaction score
It was an honor to join everyone, I think, in 2010. A wonderful group.
Haven't been able to make it back since, but still great memories from a couple of precious hours.
T

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Great times, Jim. The early days Arlington LTG get-togethers provided some of the best memories of my life... Thanks for posting...

gilded

Reaction score
Great fun is right, gang. It was fun while it lasted. I remember bringing a PA one time and a mandolin player or two somewhere along the way. One year I got to stay for a whole hour at the Jam, then had to go play a local gig.

Looking back, it was especially memorable to meet all of the wives and girlfriends. Who knew that you galoots could show up with such wonderful companions?

Anyway, guys and gals, I will have an exhibitor's booth at Arlington this year under the same old name, Guitartracker. We will be located in the smaller, carpeted room, probably near the window, so come on down. Unless I have a gig, I will be glad to take any of you newcomers and/or stragglers out for BBQ. Foreign guests are welcome. We can raise a toast to all of our friends in the LTG community.

All the best, Harry

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Like someone always said, life is what happens when you have other plans. Personally, I have this year & next coaching football for my youngest, which always seems to have the last game of the season on either the same weekend of the Arlington show, or the previously mentioned LMG's on the east coast. I would love to get back to making it a regular attraction on our annual family calendar.

I remember the very first year when no one had ever met, David's wife was there without him for the first night. I couldn't tell you anything we did or talked about, but will never forget his comments about arriving in the middle of the night on a late flight after she had gone to bed. When he spoke to her to see if she was awake, she just rolled over & mumbled in her half asleep state..."so much fun!" :tranquillity:

We'll have to do that Don. Let me know when your coaching career is over. Believe it or not, Mrs. West told me a couple of weeks ago that she misses Arlington.

West

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
And most of us used to stay at the Sheraton, next door to the convention center. We'd lease a little cabin behind the hotel on Saturday nights on guitar show weekends, and jam till the wee hours. Friday nights we always did a group dinner. And usually spend early Saturday seeing either Dallas or Fort Worth sights, along with taking in the guitar show. We haven't done it in a few years Cynthia. At least, I haven't. Lots of old LTG members used to come to visit and play. The cool thing about the Saturday nights to me was that it made no difference what your talent level was, everyone's playing was greatly appreciated. It was a very nurturing environment for beginning players and singers. The folks with the most talent are most helpful.

http://www.texasguitarshows.com/NewArl.htm

West

Oh the memories!!! I was there for 2009. Happy days:joyous: