1966 Jet Star

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
This afternoon while checking in on my consigned Ampeg Portaflex I looked on the wall of my favorite vintage shop, and I saw this hanging there. I actually physically started because you just don't see these very often -- a 1966 Guild Jet Star with a Dearmond Turbo Jet pickup. Serial number SD 175.

So super cool. :shocked: Of course, the TRC is upside down! :rolleyes-new:

Last edited:

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
This is the place - Old Town Music in Portland, OR.

This is a great shop, and the people are knowledgeable and fair. As expected in Portland, the hipster quotient is very high, but that's more in the clientele rather than the staff. Also, a lot of the touring bands stop by to check out gear. They have a really competent amp service guy. The shop is worth visiting if anyone is ever in town and looking for vintage gear.

They priced this rugged beauty at $1400.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That looks like it would be a great player. Condition looks pretty good too. Nice find!

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Super cool. Rare bird in original condition ( Or in any condition)

great price if there's no surprises! Nice find!

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Oops! You guys are right. Thanks for correcting me. I tried to change the thread title, but I'm not sure I succeeded.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oops! You guys are right. Thanks for correcting me. I tried to change the thread title, but I'm not sure I succeeded.

Changed it. I'm pretty sure no one but a Moderator can change a thread title.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
good catch indeed. Not too surprising, these are rare birds and the Internet has made the world a much smaller place.

"dave" should have stuck around the forum. If a retail shop is now asking $1400 for it...one way or another he let it go cheap!
Well, whadda ya know. I guess the OP lives somewhere in the area. It could also be consigned, and honestly, they pay somewhat fairly for consignment in a time when shops rarely consign. In some cases, I feel it's worth it not to have to fool with postings, shipping, haggling, and so forth. They pay well for trade in too.

It will eventually sell, since this shop gets a lot of traffic. This city is a hotbed for touring bands, and right down the street is a venue that hosts a lot of young bands that are hugely popular in the underground scene, but just starting to get on bigger stages. Maybe it will end up in the hands of someone famous, and it will show up on Late Night. :barbershop_quartet_