GAD 40ce - bridge issues

Reaction score
Hi all,
I just got my first Guild - a GAD 40ce. I really love this guitar. The only issue is that there is a little buzzing coming from the bridge. I am pretty certain it is not fret buzz. It doesn't seem to happen on every string on every fret.
I took the saddle out and there was a weird plastic shim under the pickup and the saddle was a little loose. So I replaced the saddle with something more snug. Didn't really fix the problem.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!

Big-Al

Reaction score
You might check for a loose wire inside the guitar. If a wire is lightly touching the top . . . or almost touching the top, it can make a buzz. If it is held tightly or has plenty of clearance, it should be fine. When I install pickups I sometimes use twist-ties (like the ones found on trash bags) to bind wires to each other and out of the way. Unlike the more proper plastic wire ties, I find I can wrap and twist the twist-ties pretty well one-handed and by feel . . . while reaching blindly inside a guitar.

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hi Milton there's a bunch of real knowledgeable folks here sure they'll get ya sorted .

I just ask questions like if it's still buzzing you try removing the pick up and see if buzzes ? .
Is it possible even though you might have removed the strings already that one of the balls or eyelets is lose and vibrating under the bridge ?
Is it only a certain note/pitch that it happens on ?
What kind of buzz matalic or other ?

Sorry if I stated the obvious seems that's the best I can do lol hope you get it fixed . :)
And like always share some audio ;)