NMD: Fender Passport Venue...

guildman63

Reaction score
New monitor day, for those unsure of NMD. I picked it up from Union Music yesterday, and just tried it out with my F-47Mthis morning. Fantastic tone! Very natural sounding with or without the internal microphone blended in. My only question is that I was only able to turn the volume to 50% without clipping. Is that typical, or am I missing something? Does it have to do with the size of the room?

I will try it soon with my electrics through my POD HD, and through my neighbors Joyo American.

guildman63

Reaction score
Update:

I plugged in my iPod, and as I approached 50% volume the yellow lights on the panel began to light up, indicating that it is approaching a level where clipping will begin, signified by red lights. I kept turning the volume up to see when the red lights would light up. My ears said no mas before there were any signs of red! The channel volume was maxed, and the master volume was at 75%. My ears are still feeling it!

I then plugged in my acoustic and began to turn it up. While the yellow lights began to light up I was not able to get beyond that because the guitar began to howl first (inside my living room, between the elevated speakers). My suspicion, based on similar results at a similar level, is that the yellow lights begin to light fairly early, but that clipping won't actually occur until nearly full volume. And that's f***ing loud!