Emerald Green?

Los Angeles

Reaction score
Guild Total
The starfire XII could have been an absolute legend in electrics if they just had an even slightly beefier neck. the old ones are nearly impossible to play cleanly for anyone with average or bigger sized hands.

guildman63

Reaction score
Just out to take another look at the new green SF. I think it may have to be set as my phone's background.

fuman

Reaction score
The starfire XII could have been an absolute legend in electrics if they just had an even slightly beefier neck. the old ones are nearly impossible to play cleanly for anyone with average or bigger sized hands.

Mine was so easy to play it was ridiculous. I don't have huge hands but have had trouble with Rics due to the narrow nut width. I got a great deal on some flatwound Guild strings when a music store went out of business and playing that thing was like silk.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Hard to tell, but it looks like Quinn has some kind of red TRC on that? Or is that a reflection?

Sounds great!

walrus

Last edited:

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hard to tell, but it looks like Quinn has some kind of red TRC on that?
You are so right! And not only that, actually it was an empty hull he got from a luthier friend and all parts including the pickups are replacement parts (not Guild parts) So the sound is not due to the Guild mini humbuckers in that video... (If I remember we had actually discussed this guitar in the past, I just forgot...)

Here's a picture I found:

1677692864906.png

Ralf

Last edited: