Dickey Betts and a Guild Guitar

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
This story made me laugh. It is satire "reporting" in the style of humorist Dave Barry.

At this point I should state for the record that I am a lifelong fan of the Allman Brothers Band, and still listen regularly to the original recordings of the ABB. That being said, the excesses of the Rock & Roll lifestyle in the 1970's and 1980's speak for themselves!

http://clclt.com/charlotte/ImageArchives?features=Stories&tag=Allman brothers&oid=3129632

sailingshoes

Last edited:

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Oh man that was funny. Dicky Betts has had some rough nights but I doubt he remembers most of them. He joined the Tedeschi Trucks Band one night at the Beacon Theater last year , and his son Duane Betts is out on tour with Dawes. Good to see those guys keeping at it. Hopefully Dicky will join TTB again this fall. Despite what Dave Barry's (hilarious) article says about that drunken night in New York (and there were many of them) Dicky Betts belongs at the Beacon.

also around the late 70s or so the Allman Brothers used a Guild guitar. I believe it was a D-50.