Orpheum nut width and saddle spacing?

scottt

Reaction score
Orff (Orf?) owners... I seem to remember that the nut width on the OM is 1.8 yet the current Guild site lists it as 1.75. Can any owners chime in with
accurate nut width and 12th fret string spacing?
Thanks!
Scott
www.lowreyart.com

Last edited:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The 12 Fret Orpheums both OM and Sloped D are 1.80 or wider. My Jumbo is listed at 1 3/4" and it is a true 1 3/4". I have also played a 14 Fret sloped D that was a true 1 3/4". From what I have seen, the 14 fret Orpheums including The Full Jumbo, 14 fret OM, and the 14 Fret Sloped D are all a true 1 3/4" at the nut. The 12 fret models which are OM and Sloped D are all wider than 1 3/4". The string spacing on my Jumbo Orpheum with a true 1 3/4" nut is 7/16" at the Bridge and 5/16" at the first fret. Here is a photo of my Jumbo Orpheum with my F50r (1 11/16" nut) to the left and my F512 (1 7/8") to the right. Hope this helps.
rqgMON.jpg

Neal

Reaction score
Both my Orpheum 12-fret dread and 12-fret 000 are wider than 1 3/4 by a considerable margin. I am currently trying out a F-30 Standard, with a 1 3/4 nut, and the Orpheums are noticeably wider still.

Neal

scottt

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Thanks for the replies. Neil, that was my understanding also, but as I posted, the Guild website is listing it as 1.75. I wonder if the Cordoba built ones will be switching to this?

Last edited:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
If I could get a 12 fret Orpheum with the neck that is on my Orpheum Jumbo I would buy it in a Heartbeat. I had to pass on a Rosewood 12 Fret Slot head OM last month because of the neck width. That thing was as wide as a 4 lane interstate. LOL.

Neal

Reaction score
Hey, I like them wide! I have stubby fingertips that mute strings when chording down near the nut on a standard Guild nut (1 1/16). And I have fairly short arms, which make the 12-fretters a perfect choice under most circumstances.

Unless I need to capo up past the 5th fret, in which case a 14-fretted is the ticket.

Neal

Neal

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Neil, that was my understanding also, but as I posted, the Guild website is listing it as 1.75. I wonder if the Cordoba built ones will be switching to this?

In my opinion they just put 1 3/4" across the board for the Orpheums on Guild's website. It looks to me that the individual that did the website figured that was the Standard neck width of them even though we know this is not true. You can contact Guild and ask them about future Orpheum 12 fret Neck Width's but at this time there is no guarantee that they will even make the Orpheum line again. I hope they do as they are wonderful Guitars. Right now the only announced models for Oxnard are the D20, M20, D55, F55, F55 Maple, F512, and the F412. At this time, Guild has already pushed back delivery dates of the D20 and M20 3 months due to delays of getting permits issued by the state of California in order to be able to start production. If they do revive the Custom Shop and the Orpheum Line, it will be well after production of the previously mentioned models. The D20 and M20 Models were originally slotted for release this spring and have yet to be produced, The D55, F55, F55 Maple, F512, and the F412 were slotted for a summer release. If the Orpheums are revived, I imagine it will be closer to the end of 2015 with 2016 being a more likely candidate. Just my opinion in the matter.

Neal

Reaction score
I think we will see a revival of the venerable F-30 at Oxnard well before we see another Orpheum.

Neal

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I think we will see a revival of the venerable F-30 at Oxnard well before we see another Orpheum.

Neal

That was one of the reasons I went ahead and purchased mine recently and I am very glad I did. If (and that is a big If) they do bring the Orpheum line back it will be quite some time before we see them. Not to mention it won't be the same people making them so will they even be close to as magical as the Orpheums we know now? I wasn't taking a chance on missing out.:dog:

Neal

Reaction score
Miss out?

I have a feeling Orpheums will be actively traded amongst LTG members for years to come, just like all the other good stuff!

Only there aren't that many of them...

Neal

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Miss out?

I have a feeling Orpheums will be actively traded amongst LTG members for years to come, just like all the other good stuff!

Only there aren't that many of them...

Neal

That's the problem though Neal, Out of all of us that own one, No one is putting them up for sale or trade! LOL. Maybe that will be different in a couple of years.