Gruhn D-66 Sighting

iamru02

Reaction score
Guild Total
Hi Guys!!!
I've been away for a few years. Sorry bout that. Hope all are well. I see post from familiar names. I'm sure you guys have seen this already but thought I'd share the link.
A friend of mine sent it to me. I still have my 1985 D-66. I'm extremely glad it did not sell on E-Bay a few years back. Don't know what evil spell I was under to post it to start with. I'll be checkin in from time to time. Got things updated. See you all soon.

http://guitars.com/inventory/am7599-1986-guild-d-66nt

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
That would be a great match for someone with a Nightbird!

iamru02

Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks guitarslinger, it's good to be back. :)
It would for sure GAD. Can you image a 29 year old Westerly Guild, overhauled by the original designer himself? Probably plays like a dream. Just hope the previous owner played it often enough to mature it properly. I'd love to have George go over my 85 D-66. I haven't hit the LOTO yet so that will have to remain a dream for now.

Awesome blog GAD. Nice job!

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
iamru02, "away for a few years"?? Over seven, right? I hope you enjoyed your sabbatical!

Welcome back!

walrus

guitarslinger

Reaction score
A nice guitar is not cheap and a cheap guitar is not nice. I heard that somewhere...what a minute...maybe it wasn't guitars.....?

iamru02

Reaction score
Guild Total
LOL walrus, yes, your right. I did log in quite a few times, to the site. Couldn't remember my log in info. Took me over a week to figure out how to get it back. When I was here before, I used AOL. My AOL had been closed for lack of use so, I had to reactivate it, reset my password and then update to my new email.....ugggg
BUT, worth every effort. Missed all my friends here and glad to be back. :)
Thanks davismanLV. Good one guitarslinger, I'll remember that. lmao

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total