G-37BLD Bridge

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm new here and am restoring a 1972 G-37 BLD. The guitar itself is in excellent condition, however, the bridge that is on it isn't anything like I'm seeing on other guitars from this time. Its "square," seems to be "handmade" and is the same blonde color as the rest of the guitar (not considering the neck which is a dark mahogany) I would like to know if I should consider replacing this bridge with an authentic Guild one?? Is the one thats on it possibly authentic itself? Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!

Reaction score
G-37 BLD Bridge

Hello all! I'm new here and have recently bought a 1972 G-37 BLD (serial#75205). The guitar is in excellent condition, no dings, scratches or blemishes. The only thing that I'm wondering about is that the bridge on this is like no others that I've seen. Its "square" with no shaping around the edges, its of "handmade" appearance and is the same "blonde" color as the rest of the body (I believe its maple). Now, for my question....could this be the original bridge or should I consider replacing it with an authentic Guild bridge? Nothing is wrong with the playability of the guitar, I only worry that the bridge thats now on it (if it isnt authentic) would lower the value of this beautiful guitar. Any input on this will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Doesn't sound original to me... should be a rosewood bridge with the "traditional" Guild shape, similar to this one on a 1974 D-25M:

159086717.jpg

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
You could contact member "fixit" who has several Guild bridges available. And if he doesn't have exactly what you need he'll make one for you. Try his website: www.jacobscustomguitars.com

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
WELCOME TO LTG!
You're already in good, capable hands so I'll just grab another cup of Joe and move along.

*Consider another post to introduce yourself. Jump up and down and let more people know that you've arrived.

Joe

crank

Reaction score
My G37's bridge looks just like the ones pictured above. They are great guitars but are not super valuable for resale so were it mine and it plays fine I would probably just stick with the bridge it came with.

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
Welcome...someone who knows more will likely be along shortly...from your description it does sound like a replacement bridge...no need to change it if the guitar plays well...that's what guitars are for...if you want to change it, feel free...I note you're in Florida...our Florida member 'fixit' is a former employee of Guild and now an authorized repair center for Cordoba, the new owners of Guild...he's well regarded on this forum...you might want to try contacting him.

A pic would help...we all love pics...photos have to be hosted on an online site such as photobucket...there's a sticky with more instructions here if you need help: http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?185122-FAQ-Posting-pictures-to-LTG

And there's a great love of restoration projects here as well...have fun!

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
Just found the other post...not surprising as the first few posts of a new member are moderated and, hence, delayed in posting...maybe one of the mods can combine the two when they have the time.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
My G37's bridge looks just like the ones pictured above. They are great guitars but are not super valuable for resale so were it mine and it played fine I would probably just stick with the bridge it came with.

Replacing a bridge is not an expensive proposition. Even though the D-30 doesn't pull the big bucks in the resale market, it would be a shame to have one marred by a flaky bridge.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
We ever get pictures if this maple bridge ? I'd sure like to see it 😃